SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Hey Kat, just wanted to let you know I'm going to try the Brightwell Xport NO3 and PO4 stuff in my 40g tank. From your description and recommendation it sounds like they may work well there. I thought you'd just talked about them the other day but I had to go back like 10 or 15 pages to find it :lol:

• Like 3

Hey Kat, just wanted to let you know I'm going to try the Brightwell Xport NO3 and PO4 stuff in my 40g tank. From your description and recommendation it sounds like they may work well there. I thought you'd just talked about them the other day but I had to go back like 10 or 15 pages to find it :lol:

Kat recommended the PO4 to me for my 75g, it worked great! :) Hope it does as well for you.

• Like 3

Do it do it do it. Gradual decrease in nitrates and phosphates took place in my tank. Pay close attention to the instructions on the packaging to see how much you need. Soak the NO3 in MB7 and tank water for 24 hours before use. If you don't have MB7, use any bacteria you have.

Kat recommended the PO4 to me for my 75g, it worked great! :) Hope it does as well for you.

:happydance:

• Like 2

Looks like that's just the female price

Don't the terminal males have fairly short life spans? Was thinking about adding a wrasse of some sort and going for a female, seems people report they turn male anyways, even when another male is present.

Yep, that's indeed just the female price. All wrasses starts out as female and then transition over. I prefer to start out with females and just wait since they all transition over to males eventually. Here's an interesting read if you're interested in wrasse life cycle in the aquarium:

http://www.reef2reef.com/ams/pairing-wrasses-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.3/

• Like 4

Yep, that's indeed just the female price. All wrasses starts out as female and then transition over. I prefer to start out with females and just wait since they all transition over to males eventually. Here's an interesting read if you're interested in wrasse life cycle in the aquarium:

http://www.reef2reef.com/ams/pairing-wrasses-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.3/

Thank you, this confirms what I was seeing in others tanks over time.

StinkyBunny

Don't the terminal males have fairly short life spans? Was thinking about adding a wrasse of some sort and going for a female, seems people report they turn male anyways, even when another male is present.

Not necessarily, I'd rather buy females and watch the transition and save an boat load of cash. the price difference between male and female wrasses is damn near 50%, some of them even more, Golden Rhomboids come to mind. I want a couple Possum wrasses.

Your abalone is doing the windows again Kat, lol.

• Like 1

Cf. Lanceolatus has been described as Cirrhilabrus isosceles. Also some places (Like NYA) are selling them for around $50 now. Good deal considering a few years back only a few were imported into the US.

Right. So this is the little stage I made for the clam using Brightwell Xport HeliDiscs

28553343756_7d01ead5b6_k.jpg

Oreo looks smushed here, she's not but she's extending her mantle past the Katropora. I have to adjust her position to find the best fit for her and a place she likes too. Flow is the reason clams are usually unhappy in my limited experience.

Now if only she would let go of the frag disc she is attached to, then I can place her properly and have her attach to the stage.

27970215433_9dc57da112_k.jpg

• Like 5
StinkyBunny

They're a transshipper folks, being in NYC gives them a leg up on a lot of places. I'd imagine that the NY Aquatic is a retail division of a wholesaler.

• Like 1

Now I see what yer eyeballin' off the WYSIWYG list stick lady. :P Those are some damn nice acros.

I'll post the pics here:

baton%20rouge.jpg

baton%20rouge2.jpg

baton%20rouge3.jpg

The red millies or whatever they are caught my eye yes. :)

So if I get this straight you can dump xport bio, no3, and po4 in a reactor all together and they will go to town.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! HOLY COW GUS DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!

The red millies or whatever they are caught my eye yes. :)

ABSOLUTELY NOT! HOLY COW GUS DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!

???

The brightwell website says you can use all 3 together.

StinkyBunny

That white thing looks like Benny paid you a visit and left you a goodie so you didn't forget him, lol.

This being Benny The Booman:

ym03wrf.jpg

He helps me assemble protein skimmers. ;)

• Like 2

???

The brightwell website says you can use all 3 together.

NOT in a reactor! The Xport media is not designed to tumble or be fluidized. I run Xport NO3 and PO4 at the same time. They are I. Separate chambers of the sump. The NO3 has to be upstream of the PO4.

Their new product is now available on Marine Depot- plates and bricks.

:wub:

I'm kind of curious to see that pedastle in a few months. I wonder what it will become.

the clam stage? Yeah, me too. The materialis extremely porous so I imagine all the good bacteria will like to vacation there. Permanently. :)
  • Like 2

Do it do it do it. Gradual decrease in nitrates and phosphates took place in my tank. Pay close attention to the instructions on the packaging to see how much you need. Soak the NO3 in MB7 and tank water for 24 hours before use. If you don't have MB7, use any bacteria you have.

:happydance:

That's what I'm hoping for! I've been dosing MB7 so that's no problem.

Those acros look fantastic!

• Like 1

You ever order from here before? Reviews look all over the place.

Nope, since I have connections over here on the west coast instead. :)

They're a transshipper folks, being in NYC gives them a leg up on a lot of places. I'd imagine that the NY Aquatic is a retail division of a wholesaler.

^ Pretty much this.

I may have cleaned my glass today. For peechurs. :)

28310857100_addbd12bcd_k.jpg

Nope that is not a scratch. I had a heart attack too.

28488325332_4d99fbfc4b_k.jpg

28488315442_4644129cc2_k.jpg

28310859340_f5812bb389_k.jpg

Nice pics? What did you do? Did you finally clean the glass or do a water change?

• Like 1