SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Tisbes?

They're probably some tisbe in there from the rocks and stuff that were moved over but I haven't added a new batch of tisbe to this tank. I added other pods, so these are just copepods in general. The 6 line loves them.

I may have missed it so I apologize if this has already been answered. Where do you buy your pods?

Hobbyists and online. Recent shipment of amphipods was from getyourpods.com

Copepods were from Reefcleaners.

I've bought tisbe from Keydiver on here and also on ebay and algagen.

• Like 1
They're probably some tisbe in there from the rocks and stuff that were moved over but I haven't added a new batch of tisbe to this tank. I added other pods, so these are just copepods in general. The 6 line loves them.

Hobbyists and online. Recent shipment of amphipods was from getyourpods.com

Copepods were from Reefcleaners.

I've bought tisbe from Keydiver on here and also on ebay and algagen.

I am sure he does. Must be fat as a pig by now.

Tisbes are all I am feeding at the moment. Gobies love it and are super fat and sassy.

Feed them pellets and coral mix once a week only.

Got good source for copepods?

ugh.. fishy problems.. u too. my carpenters wrasse flew out of the tank and punched me in the face.. and I almost stepped on him. my blue tang regularly splashes me so I didn't realize it either. lucky for him i heard him fluttering.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear, but I can't help but to think about Kill Bill#2 when I hear about it. Not sure my cats would have let a fish hang out carpet surfing for long.

I have a baby curlicue anemone..almost mistook for aptasia.

• Like 2

Ordered Nannochloropsis and reef soup. Thanks Kat

Sorry to hear, but I can't help but to think about Kill Bill#2 when I hear about it. Not sure my cats would have let a fish hang out carpet surfing for long.I have a baby curlicue anemone..almost mistook for aptasia.

Curlicue nems are cool but aggressive. Not sure if I wanna keep'm with my little ones.......

Speaking of aggression. There was this hitchhiker pest crab I tried to go Terminator on his creepy claws. But no luck. Last night, curlicue did that for me. Deadly mistake he made.

• Like 1

Good deal Thanks BTW if you are still looking for curlicue anemone, Manhattan Aquariums got some in their Pico section. I got one but not sure if I wanna keep it.

The pistols did a switcheroo on me. The Armateus is now in the display, he was supposed to be in the fuge. So no nems. And I really wanted one of those as you know. Sigh.

ugh.. fishy problems.. u too. my carpenters wrasse flew out of the tank and punched me in the face.. and I almost stepped on him. my blue tang regularly splashes me so I didn't realize it either. lucky for him i heard him fluttering.

Gotta see a fish punch on video one of these days, has to be hilarious. :flower:

Sorry to hear, but I can't help but to think about Kill Bill#2 when I hear about it. Not sure my cats would have let a fish hang out carpet surfing for long.

I have a baby curlicue anemone..almost mistook for aptasia.

My cat sleeps most of the day when he's not crying or pooping. He's 15 after all.

I love the sight of pods..

Me too!

My cat-tail when I am down with my tanks is 9 and rules the house yet smallest one.
There are only macro in with the Curlicue nem so I am not too worried. might have to re-home it if it gets too big.

I remember when our last cat was that old, he hardly moved as well other than to get on your lap or go eat.

Are you using it on new or established tank set up? The way I have it set up is: DIY fuge > AIO pellets reactor > skimmer. Other side of AIO tank includes floss, macro algea chamber and chemi-pure blue. It wasn't new setup when I introduced AIO pellets tho.

BTW have you seen this video: Testing the AIO BioPellets - ReefKeeping Video by…: http://youtu.be/Lddefntb14k'>http://youtu.be/Lddefntb14k

And yes those pellets do look like rabbit food lol

Established system.

I gave the reactor a dose of Thom's bacteria last night.

I have a fuge on another system, not on this one. This one does have a gallon of cermedia balls, I'm testing. I'm beginning to think the experiment on them is a failure. The balls are in an upflow chamber to minimize detritus collection and they are relatively clean. I doubt they are producing excess nitrate, as in nitrate factory. But glass algae is growing at pre cermedia rate.

• Like 1

Howdy folks. Just got home. Took 11 very energetic kids to see Annie. It was my nephews 10th birthday celebration. This is AFTER a basketball game that he was playing in. I'm exhausted, he could keep going like the energizer bunny. We're home now with one of his friends, they're playing this game called nerf tag or something. Bogi and are had a bunch of cuddles. Just fed the tank. Need to do a water change on both tanks and some retail therapy.

What's going on with you guys?

• Like 1

What's going on with you guys?

Wondering how I can hide 10 miles of cabling into a BioCube 29 stand and not have it look like a telephone exchange or a complete fire risk.

I see the storm controller, so you have the new light. Pics?

That's the storm from my current old light. It has 3 channels with lime on it. And a custom red case. ;)

New light is not here, trust me, there will be a huge post about it. Dave has a lot to say about the light he's working on for me.

• Like 1