Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

NorthGaHillbilly

I'm on it!!!

This whole thing, yeah, it gets all changed this week. The control panel/dashboard will look much better.

2014-10-09.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!hMFCw59TVjGBQ5yRPdeng~~_32-260

:rolleyes:

Now thats the ticket... wiring and frollicking Upton

• Like 1

Eeeeks, nasty work. The fuge is offline. Moving the main tank in a few.

20141111_091939.jpg

Sam the mandarin, Pete the pistol and Mantis the pistol are very stressed and are still in the fuge hiding. Debating whether or not to put the fuge back online for the 1-2 weeks that this tank will still be running. Logically I should just take it offline right now but where do I put Sam, Pete and Mantis till then? Pete and Mantis cannot be in the same neighborhood. They are both huge pistol shrimps and not the same kind.

20141111_091928.jpg

Fuge rocks, all of these were FW dipped. The green stuff is all caulerpa, turf algae and GHA.

20141111_092421.jpg

• Like 5

I was not gone long and already page 3!

My viewing seat is my salt bucket, your nook looks very nice.

Other news:

Katropora I got is a very nice green with purple polyps now.

• Like 1

Tank has been moved. My hands are all torn up even though I was wearing gloves, I took them off for some sump related stuff and go figure, should have worn them for that to begin with.

20141111_101918.jpg

Slime city, everybody is pissed off. The sump is running independently because of Sam, Pete and Mantis. I did not hook it back up to the display. So Now I am unsure about what to do for filtration. All the reactors and skimmer and filter sock are my security blanket. I did hook up the reactor to deal with the slime and chemical warfare that is going on.

Display is running like the original RSM was designed to run, a self contained AIO. except I no longer have the stock skimmer and there is no mechanical filtration going on. That is worrisome. Plenty of people just use live rock for filtration and I won't be feeding this tank like I do normally. But I'm worried. I always worry.

Flow is compromised as the two MP10s are offline till I can remove the electrical cabinet and get the controllers out. Same with the light, it is offline. The top shelf which is to be it's own island in the new tank is so big and heavy! It would not fit in the bucket so I had to put it in the 20G brute. :blink:

20141111_103532.jpg

• Like 8

so i see you decided to start another book instead of writing chapter 2. :P

your coral are healthy enough to withstand some time in less than ideal conditions. they'll be fine.

Oh Roger, you should have heard me squealing and wincing with every "crunch" and snap I heard as I tried to reposition the big colonies. I am not looking forward to seeing the carnage when the light is back on the tank. It is getting low level light with my ceiling halogens at the moment.

I can't find Kobe the Royal Gramma yet. And Sam is hiding.

• Like 1