Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Think of all the barnacle sex that the whale gets to take part in, though.

Gonna have to use incognito for this one lol.

• Like 3

Kat you need to try a little planted tank I'm sure the way this tank is your awuascaping would be amazing.

Oh the stuff of dreams! Thanks for the compliment, I would love to have a planted, after I have a frag tank. Which isn't happening because of space constraints. I can dream though right? :)

• Like 2

I don't think it has, i made like 5 fags from it

So the chopping takes a while to grow back

I miss my colony :tears: . I need to find another one.

another colony? or frags?

Well i would want a colony. Something like the size of the one i had. We got a steal on it though, dont think id find that again.

• Like 1

Lights are back on. Who the hell looks this good after sleeping for 2 days? :wub:

20150521_155223.jpg

No depth.. looks like 2 piles of rocks with some bangin corals. Jus tellin it like it is. Rock is needed on the left hand side to fill the void behind that gorg. To get a visual, move frag rack that's on the back wall all the way to the left. Take new peeshur.

• Like 1

No depth.. looks like 2 piles of rocks with some bangin corals. Jus tellin it like it is. Rock is needed on the left hand side to fill the void behind that gorg. To get a visual, move frag rack that's on the back wall all the way to the left. Take new peeshur.

There isn't a void behind the rock Mike, it's touching the back of the tank. The depth of field is distorted by the cell phone that can't really capture it worth a damn, and the back of the tank is frosted making it seem there is more depth.

This is why I never bother with style.

Landscaping rules would point out both sides are competing for the viewers attention due to their similar size. When landscaping, something I always hated, I made sure to not have any similar shapes or sizes on, say, both sides of the door. That and make a slope so one side is taller than the other. Then someone pulls out a book with triangles and focal points and I ask them to get off my damn lawn. :D

I think it looks good because I don't give a damn about perspective or focal points, I just want to see the corals. :) I understand it might look more engaging because this perspective stuff is real and is how our brain works, but that's not why I'm in the hobby.

• Like 5

my 3 yr old sees your video and says,

lots of colorful fish dad, lots of colors dad, lots of colorful fish, colors dad colors.

judging by his reaction a: you are onto something and b: I now have color envy.

• Like 3

my 3 yr old sees your video and says,

lots of colorful fish dad, lots of colors dad, lots of colorful fish, colors dad colors.

judging by his reaction a: you are onto something and b: I now have color envy.

pffft, tell him this lady looked at his dads tank for inspiration. Or have you forgotten the billion messages I sent you asking this and that about your tank? :wub:

• Like 1

Landscaping rules would point out both sides are competing for the viewers attention due to their similar size. When landscaping, something I always hated, I made sure to not have any similar shapes or sizes on, say, both sides of the door. That and make a slope so one side is taller than the other. Then someone pulls out a book with triangles and focal points and I ask them to get off my damn lawn. :D

I think it looks good because I don't give a damn about perspective or focal points, I just want to see the corals. :) I understand it might look more engaging because this perspective stuff is real and is how our brain works, but that's not why I'm in the hobby.

I think mounting that gorg on top of left island immediately makes left island focal point and leaves your eye to wander to now much shorter visually right island. The frag racks really give more weight to the right side than it has without them but knowing how annoying moving stuff in tank around is I understand why they are left there for shots.

But but but you can change a scape like this so easily!

Same tank, but different

20150509_111423.jpg

• Like 3

pffft, tell him this lady looked at his dads tank for inspiration. Or have you forgotten the billion messages I sent you asking this and that about your tank? :wub:

ha, your colonies are so many years past where my tank is at, oldest thing in my tank is a 2 yr old duncan i started with 2 heads (now has like 30 or something stupid). The level your at with this tank eclipses my juvenile tank.

• Like 1

ha, your colonies are so many years past where my tank is at, oldest thing in my tank is a 2 yr old duncan i started with 2 heads (now has like 30 or something stupid). The level your at with this tank eclipses my juvenile tank.

Thank you for your kind words

I've posted before but it deserves another mention. If you have herbivores, this product is amazing. It has a blend of purple, green and red seaweed and all the fish really dig it. Julian Sprung's sea veggies.

51r8OYyx90L._SY355_.jpg

• Like 1