inTank Media Baskets

Kessil Spectral Controller - SPS Not Responding Well

shawnriv

I have been running my Kessil 360 for the past four months and my corals seem to be have been doing well (I have a mixture of LPS and SPS). Although my Purple Stylophora (located near the top of the tank) has not been doing well ever since adding the Kessil Spectral Controller to my system. I originally have been adjusting the color and intensity using the knobs located on the Kessil. I believe the maximum intensity I have raised them to is around 50%. I programmed the new controller to ramp up from 0% - 50% - 0% from the start, middle, and end of the light cycle. My Purple Stylophora's polyps have retracted and are no longer out during the day; only about half of them are out once the lights are off. Any one have any suggestions what I am doing incorrectly? All of my water parameters are good (calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium, salinity, and temp). There is an acclimate option on the Kessil Controller that is recommended to use when introducing new coral. I was thinking of giving that a try, but wasn't sure. I've had the controller for about two weeks now.

If anyone has any recommendations, I am all ears. I have attached a photo below of my Purple Stylophora.

Thanks!

AC642E71-9925-4D80-8BB1-B7C277982138_zps

I've already had the light on the tank for the last couple months and the coral was doing fine. It just hasn't been right since adding on the controller.

What did you change in the spectrum to cause the change. Take it off the Kessil and see how the corals respond.

I just set the controller to the "acclimate" setting, so we'll see what happens. If the coral does not respond positively, is there anything else I can do?

Yah, no need to acclimate if the corals were already acclimated.

Agreed. Just not sure why the coral is reacting like that. My calcium, alkalinity, magnesium are where they should be. Just not sure what other options I have.

Archived