Cultivated Reef

Ten gallon fish

AWillroth

Had some spare stuff laying around and now I have a standard pet store ten gallon with some live rock in it cycling. I don't have a good light so I'm pretty much going fish only. What would be something cool to put in it? I'm all for pushing the envelope a little bit as far as tank size requirements.

Fishsticks2187

possum wrasse are great fish. such amazing personality. but you need to have caves for it to swim in and out of and also to sleep in. the only fish i every had who actually would lay flat in a rock crevice to go to sleep. the first night i thought it was dead.

I think my ultimate stocking plan is going to be a yasha goby a tail spot blenny, a clown goby and a fire fish. Gonna put lost of rock work in the to give them all their own space.

4 fish in a 10 gallon is too much, I was pushing it by having 3 fish in a 15 gallon. I would say 2 clownfish, they would make a spectacular display.

Doesn't the female clownfish grow to her maximum size and the male stays small? I had an overrated canister on my 15 gallon which enabled me to keep a high bioload, the only problem with nano tanks is territory. If you have good filtration, you shouldn't run into too many problems.

A YouTube channel by the name of Sadnear365 has a 10 gallon low tech reef tank. He only has 1 Damsel and a Cleaner Shrimp, his tank is a great example of what you can do with a 10 gallon tank.

If I nixed anything it'd be the firefish, but the others are all tiny and really don't equal the bio load of a clownfish pair, imo. I'm not planning on having corals in this tank, so moderate nitrates shouldn't be a big problem.

Archived