Innovative Marine Aquariums

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's another Spec V

erinwillett

The Spec V is my new project, all cycled, and ready for action. After a lot of research on the forums, I bought the mini jet 606 pump to upgrade, as well as a cobalt neo therm heater, and the current USA orbit marine 18-24 inch LEDs.

The lights aren't here yet, but I couldn't help myself from fragging some xenia, and GSP from my 12 gal and tossing them in. They're surviving, but the stock LEDs have a lot to be desired.

So the wait for the new lights has me thinking... I have a wave point clamp light on my 12 gallon. But I have no idea what the wattage is or anything about it (or LEDs in general). It has blues and whites and it's doing great with the Xenia, duncan, shrooms, cloves, and torch.

My question is, should I swap the wave point from the 12 gal to the spec V and put the new Current USA on the 12 gal? I understand it's probably not a yes or no, but I'd like some opinions or suggestions. I'm not trying to keep anything more difficult as far as corals go in either of the tanks. I'm happy with what I have.

post-85031-0-44168200-1415378222_thumb.jpg

Is this another tank you're doing or the same one? If another, I'm jealous and need to think about another myself.

Can't help ya on the light question.

are you upgrading the light anytime soon?

That's what my question is. I bought the Current USA marine orbit for it. But I have a Wave Point on my 12gal. Wondering which I should use for my spec V.

Spiderguardnano

That's what my question is. I bought the Current USA marine orbit for it. But I have a Wave Point on my 12gal. Wondering which I should use for my spec V.

ok just read up on your thread i say put a better light on the tank you like the most and assuming its the 12g lol

i say throw a nano box over the 12g or a kessil ocean blue or wait for the a160

Maybe...............

Lol, think I saw you there. You were picking up 5g of salt and 5g of fresh. I was the azn dude worried that it was going to tip over in your trunk.

Lol, think I saw you there. You were picking up 5g of salt and 5g of fresh. I was the azn dude worried that it was going to tip over in your trunk.

Creepy lol

Creepy lol

Lol, I know.

Nothing like getting stalked from a fish forum...

My bad to come off that way. I wasn't stalking you, I was on homepage and saw your picture under recent posts and said in mind, " Wait, isn't that the girl I saw at IRC?" That's all it was really.

You just admitted that, classic.

For sure, she'll call me a creeper and never come back to IRC if she sees me there again. I can't help it, I really love their display tanks and I'm really cool with the manager Josh there. I drive like 30min. to go there every weekend and probably spend like an hr or 2 over there talking to Josh and bargaining on some pieces.

Here's 1 of their display tanks. Cleanest store in Southern Cali.

1795445_1543799585855825_100108183698897

For sure, she'll call me a creeper and never come back to IRC if she sees me there again. I can't help it, I really love their display tanks and I'm really cool with the manager Josh there. I drive like 30min. to go there every weekend and probably spend like an hr or 2 over there talking to Josh and bargaining on some pieces.

Here's 1 of their display tanks. Cleanest store in Southern Cali.

1795445_1543799585855825_100108183698897

No worries nothing better than gals that are into reefing.

I get the coincidence of finding me on this forum, as I was wearing a New York Rangers tank that day (NYR hat in avi). But memorizing my order? Plus being kinda followed around the store without introduction, but driving back home and making a comment online. Very odd in my opinion, and probably explains why he's been called creepy before. That's neither here nor there. I'm not here to pick on anyone. I've had a couple of stalkers in my life and this circumstance does not phase me. Some people just aren't born with that filter and come off creepy.

I'm curious to know about the reason behind the 5g salt and 5g fresh now..? haha

But yeah, 5 fresh and 5 salt cause I didn't test the water before I left, and I didn't bring water to test. I knew I had to change 5 gallons, but wasn't sure about top off, etc. So the fresh was just in case, cause I have emergency salt on hand, I could just mix my own if need be.

Now, does ANYONE have ANY opinion AT ALL about my lighting dilemma? Which light for the spec V and which light for my 12 gal which already has the wavepoint and doing just fine? The Current USA is coming today. I wish I knew at least the wattage of the wave point, in looking at their website, I'm pretty sure its this one:

12” 6-watt Super Blue & Daylight
Micro Sun LED Clamp Light 16x Super Blue
8x 10000k Daylight

Ergonomically the Current USA model makes a lot more sense for the Spec V, then again sleekness is a huge factor for me. Being that you aren't going too crazy with what will be in the tank I don't think you need to be too overly concerned with the lighting. My LFS has one packed to the gills(pun intended) on just the stock lighting.

When I was designing the LED system for my Edge6 I went nuts with ordering all sorts of lights in different sizes and colors because I was in that "wait" time same as you. As soon as my first LED strip showed up, I realized that I went way overboard lol. An idle mind is the devil's playground, just ask my wallet!!

Forgot to mention that I went to several other lfs after I left IRC, went to like 8-10 lfs that day, like a road trip kinda but huntington beach was the furthest I went. When I got back home to go on NR, I noticed your tiny profile picture from homepage under recent posts and that was when I found out that you were the same girl from IRC. I didn't know you had account on NR before I overheard your order at IRC. So it was kinda like a coincidence but I came off as a creeper on here.

wow.such.chris

Lol just stop while youre ahead dude. Dont feed the ego, im sure she gets that enough!

As for the OPs question, I would just leave the whole setup the way it is and use the new fixture on the new build when it arrives. Why mess with a good thing?

Lol I wish I can post something else about the creepyness but don't want to be that guy. Haha

As for your light question. Imo. I would put that wave point on the spec and use the current for the 12g.

Maybe I'm just a middle aged hobbit look alike posting from the local library and I found some random pic online for my avi and I'm messing with you all! Muahaha

Archived