ReefCleaners.org

HVani's 34g CADlights Mini-II-Let It Grow

HVani

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad to hear everything is bouncing back. Did you get the hanging kit?

-Dave

Yes I did! Thanks Dave :) I will be putting it up sometime this weekend.

But I'm at work now :(

I also need to build my screen top

Last night I got the skimmer up and running, to ATO rewired and running, my Top off container in place, and all the pieces put together to hang my light. I just need to actually hang it.

Also I had a crappy day yesterday so I stopped at the LFS. They had a sale plus I had some credit. I picked up 7 frags for less than $100. Not bad

Everything has opened up nicely so I think most of my coral problems seem to be from the transfer. Here's what I got

-Some sort of green acro

-Purple monti with blue polyps

-Some REALLY bright watermelon zoas

-Some VERY bright red people eaters

-Some blue zoas with green mouths

-Some neat Hawaiian zoa that is orange

-An AWESOME mushroom that looks like a cool bounce clone, It's really just a Rhodactis Mushroom, but still awesome.

Everything opened within minutes of being in the tank. The hard stuff is in the 8 gallon until I'm sure the 34 is stable enough for them.

Pictures tonight :)

Updated pictures!

Not everything is open. I just fed the tank and glued a bunch of coral down.

I tried to take some pictures of my blue scroll macro but even with the pumps turned off it still came out blurry.

bluescroll_zpsad15ad87.jpg

New mushroom!!

bouncy_zpsa02b4443.jpg

fluffymushroom_zpsc506bba8.jpg

Other stuff

coralgroupnew_zpse9f17de6.jpg

eatingbrain_zpsb39f5377.jpg

palysclown_zps953edcab.jpg

Full Tank shots

fulltank1_zpsf51a1804.jpg

fulltank2_zps413228e0.jpg

fulltank3_zpsff456aff.jpg

It's looks fantastic, Ash!!!! That new mushroom looks a bit "bouncy" :wub:.

Agreed, I like that mushie a lot.

Thanks! I have been eyeing that mushroom for a while. It looks freaking awesome!

Today I dipped a few frags for algae. Suddenly corals are looking awesome! Stuff that has been in decline for months is suddenly looking better. Some of the zoas I bleached are still slowly opening. Things are also coloring up nicely.

I ordered a snail army from Reefcleaners. That should take care of any remaining algae.

I've also been watching the local LFS and the store in Milwaukee. I can't find onyx clownfish or helfrichi firefish ANYWHERE. It's annoying. I've been trying to get a hold of Alpha aquaculture but they are not returning any of my emails or messages. Which is really odd. I know I have time but it's still a bummer.

I don't like to play the name game but I can't help but notice my new mushroom looks just like Reef Gardener's Toxic Blue Bounce

P6260121__50867_zoom.JPG

Also it's splitting :)

Well I just used my last bag of reef crystals. I think it's time to change salt. I hate how high my Alk always is. I was going to just switch to IO and dose as needed. But now I'm not sure.

What does everyone use?

Red sea blue bucket here. I went through the same thing with coral pro, then switched to the blue bucket and it has been good so far. A lot of people on here recommend blue bucket.

I use Red Sea blue bucket, and everything seems to be doing well.

On the bucket it says Ca mixes to 410 and Alk mixes to 7.7... however, once it's in my tank my Ca usually tests 410-390 and my Alk tests 8-9. I'm figuring that the corals I have are soaking up more Ca thank Alk but I don't know how that works... just giving you info.

When I had few corals (had just started) and was doing weekly water changes, my Alk creeped up to 10-11 and I had to cut back to every two weeks water changes. Again, just info for you!

Red sea blue bucket here. I went through the same thing with coral pro, then switched to the blue bucket and it has been good so far. A lot of people on here recommend blue bucket.

I use Red Sea blue bucket, and everything seems to be doing well.

On the bucket it says Ca mixes to 410 and Alk mixes to 7.7... however, once it's in my tank my Ca usually tests 410-390 and my Alk tests 8-9. I'm figuring that the corals I have are soaking up more Ca thank Alk but I don't know how that works... just giving you info.

When I had few corals (had just started) and was doing weekly water changes, my Alk creeped up to 10-11 and I had to cut back to every two weeks water changes. Again, just info for you!

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking up red sea pro last night and got scared away. Looks like it's better to use the regular red sea.

I use Oceanic 81020 Natural Sea Salt Mix. I've read mixed things about this salt but it seems to be working great with my tank.

No idea on alk/ca levels though as i've never measured either.

I found a pair of Onyx clowns finally! I've been trying to get a hold of Alpha Aquaculture for 3 weeks now and they have not returned any of my messages :(

Anyway during my lunch today I stopped by a LFS that is a bit crummy. They usually have cheaper prices for inverts than the other place I go. I wanted to get a small urchin and maybe a couple peppermint shrimp. They only had urchins and I ended up not getting any peppermints. Anyway I saw they had a small pair of onyx clowns. They were $97 each but there was a saltwater sale of 25% off. So I figured I would just swallow the costs to get a nice pair of clowns.

Anyway they ended up only charging me $97 for the pair then I got 25% off. So I got both for $75. Not too bad

I gave them a quick freshwater dip then added them to my tank. Then I had to go back to work. On the way I dropped off my clarkii at the other LFS and put in a special order for a helfrichi firefish. :)

They are still a little freaked out but here's a picture of the new pair

onyx1_zps5c1d1d36.jpg

In other news things seem to be doing well. My RFA from Gena emerged! But it's pretty badly bleached. Otherwise it looks good though. It's not in a great place but I should be able to shoot some food at it. Sorry Gena, feel like I took your beautiful anemone and messed it up :(

jedimasterben

Psh, you'll have trouble killing a rock flower nem. I left one outside in my car for a few hours once. In the summer. In Florida.

Bleached the living shit out of it, but it's alive and well today.

IMG_7542.jpg

Archived