Coral Vue Hydros

HVani's 34g CADlights Mini-II-Let It Grow

HVani

How's the corky gorg from KPA doing??

Not good. It still hasn't opened and has lost some flesh. I'm just leaving it alone and letting it work things out.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of getting the cable to connect the RW4 to the apex

^^ Do this !! It's one of the best features of the Apex. It gives you amazing control of the pump. I've set up multiple profiles for different times of the day, including feed modes - and if you get two RW4's, you can synchronize them.

jedimasterben

Not good. It still hasn't opened and has lost some flesh. I'm just leaving it alone and letting it work things out.

Might want more flow.

I might pull it. It's looking really bad and falling apart. If I put it in more flow tons of flesh comes off making a huge mess.

Yesterday we were in Milwaukee visiting friends so I hoped over to Best Fish and grabbed a few things. First I finally got some nassasarius snails 10/$9. Way better than $4 each.

I also picked up 2 rock flower anemones. One red/white striped and another that has a green center and white tentacles. Both are a little bleached but look good otherwise. SOme food and good light should bring them back around.

I moved the orange/green bubble tip back to the Nuvo. It suddenly started deflating and looking poopy. It just seems to like life better in the 8 gallon. It is not open and bubbly. Just has crappy color in the nuvo which sucks.

Did a water change yesterday and slopped my sand bed a bit. Trying to add some visual depth to the tank. I also got the skimmer up and running again. It's working better this time but is still touchy.

Lastly I'm rethinking a firefish. Don't get me wrong, I ♥ Firefish, but the jawfish with the clowns just looks so nice. Maybe I'll just fill it up the rest of the way with gobies. Best FIsh had an awesome little goby I had never seen before. Yellow short stripe goby

1186500.jpg

I didn't get it though. It would have had to set in a cooler for several hours while we were visiting friends. I knew the snails and anemones would be fine but I wasn't sure about a fish.

Hopefully pictures tonight :)

I look forward to seeing your RFAs. :) You are right, they will be fine and color back up.

Also, neat goby! Never seen that before either and I really scoured over Caribbean fish available in the trade before I set up my Caribbean tank, Looks like it has the head of a yellowline goby with the body of a greenbanded.

Ok story time.

In my area there is a guy trying to breed pearly head jawfish. He's doing really well and is pretty serious with his set up. A guy in my club I have known a long time is working with him to help trying and raise fry. He's been culturing phyto to raise pods. A week or so ago he brought me a bottle to dose my tanks with. I'e finished up the bottle last week sometime.

HOLY POD EXPLOSION!!

The glass is literally crawling with pods. It's awesome :)

In other news, it's water change day. I'm actually looking forward to it. That's a first :)

I need pods like that :). If he sells them let me know!
jedimasterben

I need pods like that :). If he sells them let me know!

You have a couple of wrasses, so you won't see nearly as many out in the open lol

Nice!! I love PAE :) Too bad we can't see what you got, since you ordered them you can't see them on their site any more.

Nearly all those particular corals are on my bucket list for my 10g tank.

Nice!! I love PAE :) Too bad we can't see what you got, since you ordered them you can't see them on their site any more.

Nearly all those particular corals are on my bucket list for my 10g tank.

It's my first order with them. I hope it goes well. I have been wanting a clam for a while and I hear PEA is a good place to go with. I was pushed to make the order with the 40% off all calms sale. Super nervous. She isn't a showy clam but I liked it a lot. She's a dark purple/black clam. Should look nice in the tank from any angle.

I was very happy with my order, and was really impressed that everything looked exactly like it did in their pictures. I haven't ordered a clam from them, though with 40% off I'd be really tempted :)

I love PEA. Their normal prices are a little high but they run pretty awesome specials. 40% is the best sale I seen them do since subscribing to their newsletter 1 year ago. It's usually just 30% off. Can't wait to see that clam.

Well that's good to hear.

In other tank news, I had to remove my urchin. He ate a few chucks out of my purple monti, rainbow monti and the bit of scroll coral I was trying to bring back. My red digi is also missing some polyps, not sure if he is to blame. Oh well algae is cleaned up so he did his job.

I hope my corals recover ok. :(

Well the plate didn't make it. But others seem to be ok for now.

Here's a tiny picture of the clam I found on the website :)

V%20D1826%2079%20FP%20Maxima_small.jpg

Gorgeous! I'm a clam noob and so far I've been pretty successful with mine. My squammie came from PEA. I just feed it Live Phyto feast and oyster feast on Sun, Tues, and Thurs., every week. It's grown a lot :).

Both tanks got 50% water changes today. Looking good

hermy_zps443cd092.jpg

decemberfulltank_zps15d1b8d6.jpg

I have such a hard time getting pictures without my reflection! I never had this issue with other tanks.

Pulled the gorg. Not much of it was left. Also the red rock anemone went for a walk. Not sure where she ended up. Clowns have ich. Rough morning for sure. Not sure what I'm going to do.

I have no idea where it came from. It may not even be ich the closer I look at it. It might be velvet. I gave the clowns a freshwater dip, it's all I can do right now. They are looking better. None of the other fish are affected.

Pulled the gorg. Not much of it was left. Also the red rock anemone went for a walk. Not sure where she ended up. Clowns have ich. Rough morning for sure. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Sorry :(. Did the RFA I sent you ever come out?

Archived