HVani

This is a Downgrade from my 2 year old 65 Gallon reef

:)

March 22, 2015

cadmarch_zpsrsp2hwt1.jpg

Here we go:

Equipment:

CADlights 34g Mini-II AIO

Nanobox Quad with Blue fish Controller(soon)

Neotherm 100w heater

Jebao RW-4

Apex Jr

Aqaumaxx HOB skimmer(not currently running)

Stock:

Fish:

1 Pair Captive Bred Picasso/Wyoming White Clowns

1 Fire Fish

1 Yellow Rose Shrimp Goby

1 Azure Damsel

1 Red Spot Jawfish (?)

Inverts:

1 Randall's Pistol Shrimp

1 Serpent Starfish

1 Red Mitrax Crab

5 Orange Claw Hermits

1 Un known White Hermit

2 Zebra Hermits

1 Scarlet Hermit

1 Tonga Nassasarious Snail

1 Tiger Conch Snail

Various Snails

1 Orange and Green Bubble Tip Anemone

Coral:

Soft Coral:

Red Mushrooms

Green Mushrooms

Rhodactis Mushrooms

Green Fuzzy Mushrooms

Purple Death Palys

Armor of the Goods Palys

Rastas

Various Zoanthids

LPS:

Welso Brain

Bi-Color Hammer Coral

Green Trumpets

SPS:

Rainbow Encrusting Monti

Sunset Encrusting Monti

Superman Encrusting Monti

Red Forest Digitata Monti

Spongodes Monti

Green Psammacora

Other Corals:

Sun Coral (NSP)

Yellow Finger Gorgonian (NPS)

Purple Feather Gorgonian

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woah...you are going all out with this build and nanobox quad. can't wait to see how that looks.

I already have the quad luckily. Just need to repaint it

I'm going crazy waiting for my tank to ship!

Drs Foster and Smith order arrived today and my power head will be here Monday. Now I just need the tank!

Have you used the Nanotherm before? I was all excited when I first saw them, but there's a bunch of reviewers posting crazy meltdowns with them. I know it's hard to trust reviews like that, but they were pretty gnarly!

Have you used the Nanotherm before? I was all excited when I first saw them, but there's a bunch of reviewers posting crazy meltdowns with them. I know it's hard to trust reviews like that, but they were pretty gnarly!

I have one in my nuvo 8 and I love it. I think a lot of the issues were with the large sizes.

Tank should arrive Friday. Everyone cross your fingers and toes that it arrives in one piece. I've had good luck with tanks being shipped (2/2) but it's always nerve wracking.

I have one in my nuvo 8 and I love it. I think a lot of the issues were with the large sizes.

You're right, all the issues seem to involve the 200w model... which (of course) was the one I wanted!

I'm starting to get a little nervous about this tank.

No updates from Fedex since Monday (in CA still) and it's suppose to be delivered tomorrow. :(

Well it suddenly appeared in Chicago last night, then in Madison this morning. Right now it says out for delivery :)

On sadder news, my male clown died :( No idea why, I just found the body last night after work. They female is freaked out. It can be really tough to find Clarkiis so I don't know what I'm going to do. I may just take the female to the LFS and start over with a new clown pair. Perhaps a picasso pair from Alpha Aquaculture.

Anyway the female is fine and I saw the horned blenny last night so he seems fine as well. I guess the stress was just too much for the little male

I've been checking the tracking obsessively, still not delivered yet.

I'm not even home right now but I want my tank! I need to make sure it's in one piece :)

OMG I'm exhausted!

I had a fun weekend at the fish event in Milwaukee. I came home yesterday and started taking down the 65 gallon and sold off the rest of the stuff. I set up the new tank and moved everything out of their bins and got it up and running. It actually went really smoothly, though time consuming. Coral and fish are doing great so far.

To finish this week:

Hook up ATO

Figuring out the flow for this tank, it's pretty strong right now

Organize cords

Hang light

Take lots of pictures.

Finish taking down the 65 and moving it into the garage until it can be picked up by the buyer.

Even this early in the game the tank is just beautiful.

cant wait to see the pics. did you just move everything over, including the sand? no mini cycles?

I used new sand. I think this might have been my mistake in the past. I always used old sand, this time it's all new. The live rock is old and well established. I think the cycle will be minimum if any at all.

Not much to show but here's the first full tank shot.

34Nov_zps4e15a748.jpg

Corals are still angry. The flow in this tank is crazy. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot.

Also as a bonus pic check out the cool decal I got for the stand

stand_zps500b2aba.jpg

Archived