Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3g Morceau De La Mer

dingusplease

Scleractinians Feeding  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do SPS corals need supplemental food(s) and amino acids?

• Yes, food besides light is needed
    • No, not at all
    • Depends on the tank's stocking and overall feeding
    • Only for sick/smaller corals (special cases)
    • It may help, but not necessary

I have a Blue Porcelain Crab in my 3 gal, he is doing very well and getting to a nice size as well. I love the blue colored ones. I also have a green clown goby and they both get along really well.

post-20908-0-93811700-1420315416_thumb.jpg

dingusplease

I have a Blue Porcelain Crab in my 3 gal, he is doing very well and getting to a nice size as well. I love the blue colored ones. I also have a green clown goby and they both get along really well.

Nice crab! I didn't know of the blue porcelain variety - do they filter feed like the other species?

New blue tenuis, green slimer, and pink stylo: http://s346.photobucket.com/user/dingusplease/media/Dingusplease%203g%20Pico%20Reef/D5BEAC9C-B963-4FDF-A00B-0558A96AD170_zpsuccoxa92.png.html'>D5BEAC9C-B963-4FDF-A00B-0558A96AD170_zps

Yes they sure do, not to often I have seen this color where I live but they sure are such a neat color indeed.

I also drop in a small pellet each day which he eagerly grabs as well as I don't feed heavy in this little tank with only the goby in there so I like to make sure he gets enough to eat. Guess he is with the growth he has done.

How is the mini $1 protien skimmer working out? Do you have it in the hob?

Nope, I haven't had time to fine tune it. It's also pretty big for the hob - I might try 1/4" tube and remake the design for a cleaner look and better functionality.

So the slipper wasn't thriving under the high lighting conditions - I adjusted the lights but I didn't want to sacrifice light intensity for the sps. I took it back to my lfs, where it's been doing great for the past month. Anyways, I exchanged it for a blue green chalice!

http://s346.photobucket.com/user/dingusplease/media/Dingusplease%203g%20Pico%20Reef/27E6B3AE-8E86-46FB-82C1-4CEA8A742A3B_zpsqbeifw9u.jpg.html'>27E6B3AE-8E86-46FB-82C1-4CEA8A742A3B_zps

Archived