Cultivated Reef

OCReef Issue & Live Sand Question

jgaepi

I am having a bait and switch feeling.

I contacted Premium Aquatics about dry Tropic Eden Reef Flakes and they are out of the regular size. They only have the dry Mini Flakes in stock. I discovered that OCReef had the regular dry flakes listed in stock, so I placed my order. Upon checkout, it listed a specific price. After I inputted my cc, it listed that same amount. When I received my order confirmation email, it showed the set price at the top but at the bottom, it listed a price $20 more.

I contacted OCReef and after 4 days they responded that it is a glitch in their computer system but they still expect to charge me the $20 higher amount. And my cc reflects the higher amount. Secondly, they told me that they actually don't have the regular flakes in stock. And will trade it for a bag of regular flakes live sand.

My goal was to buy the dry flakes. OCReef tells me it will now take 3 months to get it in stock.

What would you do?

I would just try to cancel the order and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It's ridiculous to try and argue with some of these places especially if they are exhibiting a clear bait and switch like that.

Archived