SaltCritters.com

Steve's LED

Wjcastiglione

Wjcastiglione

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a consumer that relates my future business with a company with how well I felt the customer service was... and I have to tell you - Steve's LED's really, really drops the ball on this. I've awaited writing this review since the moment I placed the order for my Biocube 29g kit, but I wanted to make sure everything showed up in a working manner before I bashed them publicly and then needed their help.

Every business needs the 3 P's to be successful (people, product, process) - and the only P they have going for them is Product. This is a great, well made product - and i'm happy with the product I purchased. However, the rest of the 3 P's are busted.

First, and my BIGGEST complaint about Steve's LED's is the excuse they use for all of their poor customer service... almost every generic email I received said "to keep your prices low we may not respond to this in a timely manner".. when I called the phone number on the website it lead to me a phone message that said "to keep prices low, we no longer answer the phones - please send an email" - they do NOT give you an expected shipping date for your purchase - and only state "to keep prices low, we may be busy. blah blah blah" and basically summarize that they'll get it to you when they get it to you. This process is broken.

When I inquired about when my lighting kit would arrive - The guy basically told me whatever I wanted to hear. The people are broken, well not broken, bent. However, its better than the guy telling me to go F myself. I just felt that every response I got back from Steve's LEDs was very vague and they avoid any type of responsibility. I don't want the general response, or a general email - I want customer service!

All in all, I would never buy anything from Steve's LED's again based on a customer service standpoint .. because I'm sorry - "to keep prices low, our customer service sucks" isn't a great motto for anyone - answer the phone. actually put your address on your website. respond to emails in a timely manner. ship orders out the door in a timely manner. - I mean, if you want to STAY in business.

Archived