Top Shelf Aquatics

Gonna document my Birdsnest for a whole year!

Alexraptor

Picked up this little girl during a fragswap last weekend!

BirdsnestWeek0.jpg

Normally, I just dump the corals in and leave them to their own devices, taking pictures of them or the tank every now and then. But I thought it might actually be fun and intersting to carefully document the growth and development of the coral over a preriod of at least a year.

So I created this page and slideshow gallery to snap and post a new photo of it once a week like clockwork! :)

http://aquatic.alexraptor.com/?page_id=424

I tried once before with a monti frag in my early years and before my tank crashed years ago, but I was very irregular about it and kinda lost steam, but i'm hoping this time is going to be different. I even set my smartphone to bug me about it repetedly on the same date and time at weekly intervals! :lol:

It is my hope, if everything goes well, when completed, to compile this project into something of a time lapse video.

This btw is how documenting my first monti colony went:

montigrowth1.png

At 1st I wasn't sure if I wanted one- then after buying- I wasn't sure I wanted one- now it has grown and grown on me- definitely a different SPS and fun to have! Looking forward to following along

This weeks photo is now live. And I can already tell its starting to darken, which is good as when I got it was awfully pale which IME indicates it hasn't been getting enough nutrients :)

• 1 month later...

My profound apologies to anyone who was following this, missed updating for 2-3 weeks, and i found the slideshow had gotten completely jumbled. But I have been taking my pictures without fail, so now I have an unbroken sequence of 10 weeks of development. :)

• 1 month later...

Had some serious back-log again, but at least I'm sticking with it, and documenting the colony every week without fail, even of my uploads arent. :)

And I really hate Flu's, got a real bad one and let my calcium and alk levels slide and as a result got more die-off.

Archived