Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Moving a 210

MeCasa

Mr. Microscope

I found this through a google search:

"an aqueon 210 weighs 343lbs empty.

marineland 220 is 392lbs."

So..probably no. I'd want at least four people on that job especially considering how expensive and how much of a death trap that thing could be if it breaks on you while moving it.

Could two strong men lift an empty 210 off a base and set on dollies by themselves?

Depends on ones definition of strong.....

By mine, yes. But I am 6'5 250ish, and so was my helper that moved a 180 (not much different) multiple times much much further then just enough to get it off the stand and onto a waiting dolly near by. I moved that 330lb beast 3 times not including bringing it home with 1 helper as well. When I sold it I helped push it off the stand so the guy and his 1 helper could grab it better but that was it.

Me and my 54 yr old father recently picked up my new 4' 150g by ourselves, with pallet and all the crating I believe the shipping invoice had it weighing in around 500 lbs, tank itself wasn't light and semi akward (4'long 30" front to back and 24" tall.... and had to bring it through a 31" opening) and we moved it atleast 30' by ourselves as well, no dollies..... with the proper help/ strength your goal is definitely doable.

I understand strong as I own a construction company and physical labor has always been a way of life. I had googled the weight and 340 is heavy but one of my guys and myself carried a 150 into the house 50+ feet and it wasn't bad at all.

Hard to get three guys to show up on a Sunday morning but I have one hand who like yourself is 250+ of muscle and right now he depends on me for transportation (DWI) so I know where to find him :lol:

I'll bring dollies and the two of us will get her done

Thanks

I'm in construction too, but don't have the bulk some of y'all have(~170lb) but I've carried many a cast iron tub in the 400lb range with only one other guy. A little ingenuity and proper use of physics makes anything possible.

RK nailed it. I moved it by myself...took some preparations but very little exertion.

Added a box to a 4 wheeled dolly to make it the same height as the existing stand.....slid it over...tied it down...ramped onto the trailer

Easy pickings :D

However, Monday morning the man who was supposed to help me had better be prepared to walk to work

Archived