inTank Media Baskets

Attaching to BC Falsewall

Mustang Boy

Ok, I've had a Mono sitting around for almost a year waiting to use it on a tank I am eventually going to set up. In the mean time I have a BC8 that is temporarily holding a bunch of zoas that will be going into a frag tank that I'll be setting up soon. Now I want some higher lighting for these zoas in the mean time and I have the Mono, so I was wondering if I could attach the Mono to the false wall in the BC, I am weary because because attaching it to the false wall will have the cord dipping possibly into water but the wires would then go back up so I don't think I'll have an issue with water getting in the control unit.

jedimasterben

Technically that will be ok, but I wouldn't not feel all that great about having wire coming into the tank and then going back out.

I found a way to mount it to one of the dividers in the back section. The return section has a lower water level so I have it mounted so that the wires go that way and are a couple inches above the water. The brighter light has helped immensely in just the last hour that I've had them on.

Now to just figure out why I can't get the storm controller to go into auto mode and I'll be set.

Archived