Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box Picture MANUAL : Mini/Duo/QUAD

DaveFason

Hey guys,

Here is an easy picture guide to hooking up your Mini/Duo/QUAD. I will be adding this to every email and hope this will help everyone out.

What is in the box?

Mini Series :

• 24v Power Supply
  • 5v USB Power Supply
  • Nano Box Mini Tide/Flare
  • Bluefish Mini Controller

DUO Series :

• 48v Power Supply
  • 9v Power Supply
  • 5v USB Power Supply
  • Nano Box DUO

QUAD Series:

• 48v Power Supply
  • 9v Power Supply
  • 5v USB Power Supply
  • Nano Box QUAD

Overview :

The Nano Box Mini/DUO/QUAD will all have the same driver housing front. The is the power side. This will have the cord to LED unit, controller cable and POWER plug. You will simply plug the 24/48v power supply into this hole.

15650227116_ca281f06be.jpgManualpower48 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

The Nano Box DUO/QUAD will have a different BACK cap from the Mini series. This is the plug for the FAN. ONLY use the 9v power supply for this. I am now stamping an F by this plug.

15054586253_babc47f50b.jpgManualpowerfan by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

Bluefish Mini Version

STEP 1 : Plug 5v USB power supply into Bluefish controller.

16925637199_bfa5c144dd_b.jpgbluefishhookup by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

STORM Version

STEP 1 : Plug 9v power supply into Storm controller.

15672029061_00bdde9e30.jpgManualStormplug9v by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

Step 1.5 : If using DUO/QUAD plug second 9v power supply into FAN plug.

15672037481_591a379417.jpgManualpower9vfan by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

STEP 2 : Plug controller cable into Bluefish/Storm controller. You will see an arrow on the top of the plug. This will plug into the TOP set of pins. Starting from left to right, use pins 2-7 for Bluefish Mini and 1-6 on Storm. This will controller channels 1 and 2. If you upgraded to the moonlight/multi channel you will have control of channel 3/4/5/6.

15488551548_c8f562655d_z.jpgManualStormplugtip by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

17111175141_be86f392c0_b.jpgbluefishhookup1 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

15053988514_a3ed2383e5_z.jpgManualStormplugin by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

STEP 3 : Plug the 24v or 48v power supply into power side of driver housing ( 24v for Mini, 48v for DUO/QUAD ).

15488562828_85f235f59c.jpgManualpower48v by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

Simple as that! Remember if using the DUO/QUAD to have the fan ON when the lights are on. This is not needed in NIGHT mode.

Thanks guys!

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

This is great, thanks for putting this up Dave! I also made the mistake of plugging the power supply for the light into the fan side and burnt out my fans in my Quad a few weeks ago :( . Dave sent out some replacement fans and it was a pretty simple fix. I have absolutely zero wiring/electrical experience aside from swapping out some outlets/light switches in my house here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats great that you have done this. I think Spencer from Bluefish should do one of this too cos it's confusing using the bluefish. Thanks

Snapping photos for this :)

-Dave

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey Dave, quick question.

I have an older duo w/ storm controller and I am plugging it all back in. Besides the main power cord, I have 2 seperate power supply cords. 1× 9v cord and 1× 12v power cord. I'm assuming the fan gets the 9v power cord and the storm gets the 12v. Is this correct? In the above instructions, it states both the storm controller and fan use a 9v supply.

I recently sent my unit in for the upgraded v3 arrays and new fan and sent all the cords with it to you, I recieved all the same cords back. Just curious if it is okay to use the 12v power cord or if I need to find a 9v power cord.

20160312_125309_zps6guerqdm.jpg

Edit:

Figured it out, 12v power supply will only plug into fan location. 9v doesn't fit. Is this going to affect anything with the new fan?

Hey Dave, quick question.

I have an older duo w/ storm controller and I am plugging it all back in. Besides the main power cord, I have 2 seperate power supply cords. 1× 9v cord and 1× 12v power cord. I'm assuming the fan gets the 9v power cord and the storm gets the 12v. Is this correct? In the above instructions, it states both the storm controller and fan use a 9v supply.

I recently sent my unit in for the upgraded v3 arrays and new fan and sent all the cords with it to you, I recieved all the same cords back. Just curious if it is okay to use the 12v power cord or if I need to find a 9v power cord.

20160312_125309_zps6guerqdm.jpg

Edit:

Figured it out, 12v power supply will only plug into fan location. 9v doesn't fit. Is this going to affect anything with the new fan?

Nope you will be good to go!

-Dave

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic

Archived