ReefCleaners.org

Favia not looking too hot

gus6464

I got 2 Favia on Tuesday. First time with this coral. I noticed that one of them is turning white at the tissue. Looks like this:

DSC_1468.jpg

DSC_1469.jpg

For reference this is the other Favia I got and from the looks of it has no issues.

DSC_1470.jpg

Also my blue acro I noticed has a white tip. Is this just growing skeleton which will then turn blue?

DSC_1474.jpg

i have a favia thats similar to the one your having problems with and i finally fixed mine by moving it to really low light, like a par30 bulb 15 inches above the frag, so try moving it around and if an acro has a white tip it usually means its growing, but keep an eye on it

i have a favia thats similar to the one your having problems with and i finally fixed mine by moving it to really low light, like a par30 bulb 15 inches above the frag, so try moving it around and if an acro has a white tip it usually means its growing, but keep an eye on it

Awesome thanks. I moved the favia to the a corner of the tank where light is no where near as intense to see how it does. I was going by liveaquaria where it said favia needed moderate lighting so I will see how it does with low light.

Awesome thanks. I moved the favia to the a corner of the tank where light is no where near as intense to see how it does. I was going by liveaquaria where it said favia needed moderate lighting so I will see how it does with low light.

Favia always does best with low lighting. I had my favorite favia almost in the shade under my pagoda cup and it was really happy until some alk swings killed it :( Low flow, low light and lots of meaty food and they will grow and be beautiful. Favia is my favorite LPS.

Archived