SaltCritters.com

biocube 29 phosban 150

rone_kevin66

I just got a biocube 29. I have an unknown protein skimmer. It looks like a sr3 but has two pumps. The return pump is a mj1200 and a Voyager Nano Circulation pump 530 GPM flow. The light is orbit led system. Right now it's on the same side as the return outlet. Dose it need to be on the other side for counter flow or is that fine. I'll add pics of the setup right now. Please let me no what you all think of the rock placement and if you no anything about this skimmer.

post-86183-0-98704000-1415456834_thumb.jpg

post-86183-0-36731500-1415456860_thumb.jpg

post-86183-0-61187500-1415456877_thumb.jpg

post-86183-0-26202600-1415456893_thumb.jpg

Does it need to be on the other side for counter flow or is that fine.

You can put it anywhere that provides good flow throughout. You can observe the flow patterns by tying a piece of string to the end of a fish net handle. Then move the handle around the tank to visualize the flow throughout the tank. Adjust the powerhead and try again. Continue moving the powerhead up/down, right/left, and change its direction (testing the flow after each adjustment). Stop when you are happy with the flow throughout the tank. Note that you might also have to adjust your rocks to achieve the flow you are looking for.

And welcome to Nano-Reef.com.

Setup looks nice, just be sure to epoxy and super glue gel those pieces together as some look really small/light. You wouldnt' want the whole thing to fall apart with a slight bump/coral placement/water change.

Yeah I made the mistake of not glueing my rock together on my first tank. When i tried to place frags it would just fall all over the tank. Glad you glued them together.

The refugium I got used and I set it up with 5 in of sand, and chaeto ball and some seaweed. When I got the seaweed it came with a crab :) don't no what kind haven't seen him since then. I made the top at work with some acrylic we had. Got to love a free top.

I just bought a two little fish phosban 150. I have my return pump feeding a uv light then my reactor and the reactor outlet right to tank return. Is this a good position for it or mover it to a different location

The reactor sounds like it is in a good posistion. Just make sure you're not overdriving your UV sterlizer which might be a little overkill for a tank like this to begin with. (I'm biased in so much as I hate Sterlizers)

Archived