Australian blue table acro

Red dragon acro

Raspberry lemonade

Orange digi

Other corals:

5 zoas

Candy canes

Hi all, again...

the 3rd tank build for me it is a 60g tank with the dimensions of a 120 in half :)

so that is 48"x24"x12"

imagejpg1-1.jpg

i got the bubble magus curve 5 skimmer :)

imagejpg1-3.jpg

and the sump is the 16g in my description :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never seen someone setup a shallow tank with mainly plating/tabling stony corals.

Inspiration- If i had your tank :wub:Philippines_2.jpg?1363640450

Image by http://www.worldwildlife.org/'>http://www.worldwildlife.org/

Ohhhh, I want this, ima make this thanks mate. This will be the left side of the tank

A ring with acros around the edge and this is the middle :)

i need a rimless shallow tank.....

Go get one boy

NorthGaHillbilly

I'm new to t5 myself, but the purple+ seem to make reds really pop, and add a good ammount of output. I'm running 4 blue plus, one purple plus and an a true actinic.

I'm new to t5 myself, but the purple+ seem to make reds really pop, and add a good ammount of output. I'm running 4 blue plus, one purple plus and an a true actinic.

Ok, nice combo :)

Have you seen the video done by Than from Tidal Gardens? Real good cross references in that for ATI bulbs.

http://youtu.be/Y-TbkPJhHkY'>http://youtu.be/Y-TbkPJhHkY

Thanks for pointing me to this :)

Nice tank! What's the deal with that bar in the middle?Also, what are you stocking plans?

The bar in the middle is the roof, I live in the loft and those bars hold the roof up so it has to stay. I'm going to split this tank into 24x24x12 sections, one being the plating section and the other being branching acros :)

Stocking plans are

2 clownfish

The cherub angel

Yellow tang

Shrimp goby pair if the sand is deep enough

Or pair of bangaii cardinals

This is why there is a bar in the middle of my tank :Pimagejpg1-2.jpg

I couldn't go MTB today because I have a really bad cold :( so I took all these out imagejpg3.jpgimagejpg4.jpgThat's 150lbs or rock :0

And I took this out imagejpg1-3.jpg

And now I have this :)imagejpg2.jpg

giphy.gif

This tank has sooo much potential!

I know you're pretty set on running a plating/acro tank, but consider this aquascape for a moment....

knife.jpg

LOVE YOUR GIFS!!!!! <3

How would I set the rocks like that, and that would be awesome :)

I don't know if this was mentioned but this tank is bb and the bottom is painted white

That's right! Make me proud :)

Ohhhh, I want this, ima make this thanks mate. This will be the left side of the tank A ring with acros around the edge and this is the middle :)

LOVE YOUR GIFS!!!!! <3 How would I set the rocks like that, and that would be awesome :) I don't know if this was mentioned but this tank is bb and the bottom is painted white

Haha. I'm glad someone enjoys my gifs.

Those rocks are Artisan Shape Knife VidaRocks. If you don't do this scape, I'm gonna end up doing a mixed reef with it in 4 years.

Haha. I'm glad someone enjoys my gifs.

Those rocks are Artisan Shape Knife VidaRocks. If you don't do this scape, I'm gonna end up doing a mixed reef with it in 4 years.

Now I'm going to spend the next 48 hours of my life finding this in the uk...

I was looking to supplement my halides with t5's I first started with the ati actinics, but they didn't show much when my 14k Phoenix's came on so I swapped em for some blu plus and you can def tell when they are on. I'd go for blue plus over actinics, they are nice when they are the only ones lit but blu plus looks good with or without the halides in my tank.

Those bars look like a pain.

ikea bags rock!

I was looking to supplement my halides with t5's I first started with the ati actinics, but they didn't show much when my 14k Phoenix's came on so I swapped em for some blu plus and you can def tell when they are on. I'd go for blue plus over actinics, they are nice when they are the only ones lit but blu plus looks good with or without the halides in my tank.

Those bars look like a pain.

ikea bags rock!

Luckily with lighting I like everything as long as it isn't too blue or too white.

The bars are a pain I hit my head quite regularly luckily I am quite small so it isn't much of an issue

And ikea ftw!!

I'd really really recommend sand in this tank, my mind's going crazy (I'm really jealous of the dimensions) with possibilities for a sloping sandbed with semi-submerged stones sticking out looking really natrual. That's just me, though

Archived