Coral Vue Hydros

Disappearing Hector's Goby

BubblesUp

Bought a nice Hector's Goby last week and he was happily eating hair algae and getting along well with everyone. Can't find him today at all. Do Fire Shrimp go after this one? Only other things I have are tigertail seahorses, 2 small clowns and a small blenny. Anyone else have something like this happen? I've checked all over the floor, tried to find him in the few rocks I have.

Bought a nice Hector's Goby last week and he was happily eating hair algae and getting along well with everyone. Can't find him today at all. Do Fire Shrimp go after this one? Only other things I have are tigertail seahorses, 2 small clowns and a small blenny. Anyone else have something like this happen? I've checked all over the floor, tried to find him in the few rocks I have.

Does your tank have back chambers? If so, and if you haven't already, check there :).

I have a rainfords goby (very similar) that likes to hide out for one to two days at a time in the rock work. then he will be out every day at feeding time for a few weeks and back into hiding..

I'm actually wondering if the Fire Shrimp are the culprits. I just witnessed the original fire shrimp going after my Tigertail Seahorse. All I've read is this shrimp is ok with seahorse but I'm starting to think these guys are getting very territorial and took out the Hector's Goby.

Yesterday my Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny vanished. He's been in the tank since March. I've only added the Hector's and Fire Shrimp and a few turbos so I can't think of anything other than the Fire Shrimp. Thoughts?

Back when I had one my Hector's would swim into the rockwork and hole up for the night (in some impossibly tight spots), every night around 8-9 pm - profoundly diurnal fish. Couple that with some late workdays and it was more than once I thought something had eaten it.

Yesterday my Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny vanished. He's been in the tank since March. I've only added the Hector's and Fire Shrimp and a few turbos so I can't think of anything other than the Fire Shrimp. Thoughts?

I have a fireshrimp with tiny 1-2 inch gobies including a rainfords without any problems. Maybe the new fish brought in a disease. My rainfords brought in some very nasty gill flukes.

Archived