SaltCritters.com

First salty tank... 29 gallons of fun! Now 40 gallons!

SomethingIsFishy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SomethingIsFishy

Been reading and I am worried it's Dino... ?

Not sure if the link will work...

Removed the rock that is affected the worst... I do want to reuse the rock because it's a super cool shape with lots of caves, fortunately there is nothing important attached to it...

SomethingIsFishy

Decided to add 5 smaller hermits earlier this week. They've already made a dent in the algae... Added a new frag tonite, will get pics tomorrow...

My hermits do an awesome job in my coral tank. Hermits are not safe with seahorses but I miss the valuable service they perform reducing algae.

SomethingIsFishy

No seahorses in this tank... I'm starting with the basics... Occelaris clown pair and possibly a goby...

Doing a wc tonite, so prolly won't get any pics unless the new corals decide to open before the lights go out...

Add some snails for sure... Astrea snails are great as are stomatellas and even small turbos.. Great algae eaters. Turbos do get big though... I would start with 8 or so and give it a while...

Will do! Hopefully I have enough empty shells to keep the hermits from killing the snails...

The secret is to get snails bigger than your hermits like trochus or turban. They generally kill snails because they think their shell will fit them best out of everyone else's in the tank.

• 3 weeks later...
SomethingIsFishy

Got a $25 gift card for Home Depot... I think I should be able to put a screen top together with that, then I can replace the jumper. Thankfully the other clown doesn't seem to be interested in carpet surfing...

• 2 weeks later...
SomethingIsFishy

Successfully moved the tank from the bedroom to the living room. Everything opened back up right away and the clowns are swimming around like nothing happened... ?

reefernanoman

Nice start and tank. Good luck.

Successfully moved the tank from the bedroom to the living room. Everything opened back up right away and the clowns are swimming around like nothing happened...

CooI. Clowns are bold fish.

Archived