inTank Media Baskets

Jeremycee 3g Hero

jeremycee

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! Ya that iPhone is loving the blues- try touching the screen in different areas sometimes that works for me but the LED's just mess with phones. How's the little guy doing- is he eating?

yeh ill def give it a shot.

Totally ! Hes been munching on pods constantly and this morning ate some dried brine shrimp right before the water change. Im gonna hook em up with some mysis too, he's pretty small tho and avoids the larger pieces.

What a cute little goby!

haha yea i kno! i used to have a yellow watchman goby / pistol pair in my old tank and they were pretty fun to watch but this guy is active! he never hides and is always swimming around the front of the tank scoping out the zoas!

Found a couple aiptasia on a frag a few days ago and freaked out! I didn't get any pics of them but i ended up making some kalk paste and syringing it into the mouth of both and seems to have successfully killed them. Although, I don't want to speak too soon. :scarry:

It looks as if my zoas might have taken a beating in the process :blush:

please send me all of your positive vibes haha.

Also on another note! My friend showed me a little trick for photographing an LED lit tank with an iphone. Its basically a small square cut out of orange tinted cellophane or some sort of acetate you can get at photography stores.

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

You simply cover the lens up with it before taking a picture and voila magic happens.

These are taken first without the cellophane and then after it is applied to the lens.

IMG_2061_2.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

This is how my sad Watermelons zoos look after the surgery.

IMG_2030.jpg

This is how happy my goby is about life though,

IMG_2025.jpg

I moved the two frags into the front on the sandbed for now so ill be able to monitor their recovery. Wish me luck!

Wow, great pics, especially for a cell phone! It's funny that in all the searching I've done for photography tricks I've never seen that one. That really helps! I can't wait to try it myself. It gets a little old getting out the DSLR, downloading the RAW pics, editing the white balance, converting to JPG, etc.. Especially when you just want a couple quick pictures to document how things are going.

What do they call that filter at the photography store?

Wow, great pics, especially for a cell phone! It's funny that in all the searching I've done for photography tricks I've never seen that one. That really helps! I can't wait to try it myself. It gets a little old getting out the DSLR, downloading the RAW pics, editing the white balance, converting to JPG, etc.. Especially when you just want a couple quick pictures to document how things are going.

What do they call that filter at the photography store?

They are called "Color Gels" or "Filter Gels" you could probably find them at wolf camera or somewhere online. I found this website that might be helpful!

http://www.adorama.com/l/Lighting-and-Studio/Light-Modifiers-and-Reflectors/Diffusers-and-Filters-and-Gels

I would recommend getting a variety of swatches so you can play with the filtering and find the right color to suit your needs for your lighting.

http://www.adorama.com/ROSB.html

Wow- what a difference - you can really see the tank now- looking good

thanks again! i think I'm still in need of a nice camera but this works for now.

Definitely need to try that trick! Thanks for sharing. Tank is looking good!

Hey no prob! That's what nano-reef is here for! And thanks for checking it out!

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/jcrump88/media/IMG_2143.jpg.html'>IMG_2143.jpg

Im adding a few SPS frags tonight so i figured i'd snap a few shots of the tank and acclimation process.

I have a separate container with water from my tank with a light over it and a heater set at the specific temp my main tank is at. i use fresh mixed water to top off and also get a w/c out of it.

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/jcrump88/media/IMG_2154.jpg.html'>IMG_2154.jpg

I'll float the corals in their bags for around 20 mins and then pour them into the smaller container within the bigger white container. from there i start adding my tank water by 5ml syringes every 2-3 minutes until I've added 50% and then i test.

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/jcrump88/media/IMG_2155.jpg.html'>IMG_2155.jpg

I then dip them in lugol's solution. immediately after soaking in the dip solution for 10 minutes i give them a quick freshwater rinse and into the tank they go!

just a little water testing today

Nitrates - 0

Phosphates - 0

Calcium - 500

Alk - 9

I mixed up 1 1/2 tsp kalkwasser with 2 gallons of ro/di and filled up my ATO reservoir. anticipating my levels dropping a bit now that I've added 5 new sps pieces. will post more photos when anything exciting happens.

Alright! Sps in the house?. Looks like you got em placed good towards the top!

Right on! They seem to be thriving pretty well! lots of nice polyp extension on the acros as well with the digitata and other montipora.

Hoping to kick back and let these grow out the next month or two. Time to save some more buckaroos haha

got my first gorg! seems to be enjoying its placement and polyps are out and about like crazy.

heres a current fts this morning after lights came on. Also, Ive been keeping a cute little australian dendro frag for a week now. So far so good, even in a pico. Ive been spotfeeding it with a pin drop of reef roids mixed with my tank water every couple days and he been staying open ever since :-)

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

Looking good- how are your sps frags doing?

Doin good! Levels are staying stable and they are showing some small growth already. I lost one due to acclimating it. I dipped them and read that some acros are sensitive to iodide dips

Looks nice! I really like the little dendro and the new gorg.

thanks a lot! Its a pretty easy gorg to keep and not as exotic and sexy as other sea fans out there but its def thriving in my little pico!

Archived