Coral Vue Hydros

Stocking 20L

NannerPudding

NannerPudding

I am starting my first salty tank (20L) and want stocking suggestions. I am going for almost a display fuge type look with Carribean fish. I am planning on keeping softies (mostly rics), macros, gorgs, and a few LPS. I plan on sticking between 3 to 6 fish and slowing stocking.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

- Neon Goby or Rusty Goby (maybe mated pair depending on other stocking?)

- Horseface Blenny

- Black Cap Basslet

Potential other/different fish:

- Trio of reef chromis

- Citron clown goby (yes, wrong area but they are super cute)

- Some sexy shrimp?

Would I run into issues with multiple goby species? I want some active swimmers in addition to gobies, but I do love me some gobies and want them in the tank

Skip the chromis, they tend to pick each other off until there is only one.

I would say it depends on the goby. My randall's goby was not particularly friendly to my firefish or my green banded goby. The neon goby was fine because he hung out at the top of the rocks. I think the aggression was just territorial.

I would check out KPA Aquatics/Sea Life for fish ideas if you havn't.

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

Mated pairs are extremely interesting in their behavior so I would definitely consider them.

NannerPudding

I have been checking out KP Aquatics (it's where most of these ideas have come from) and I am super excited for 20# of their rock to come in. I'll drop the chromis then, didn't realize they were so nippy.

Revised list:

- Mated pair of Rusty Gobies or Neon Gobies

- Horseface Blenny

- Black Cap Basslet

I kind of want one more fish that is interactive/ will be a centerpiece fish. But for now I am pretty happy with the above.

NannerPudding

Unfortunately neither wrasse are from the right area. I definitely want a swissguard as they are very pretty little fish.

Updated list:

* Mated pair of neon gobies

* Swissguard basslet

* Cherub Angel (maybe and only if it isn't a terror! I may have to get this locally in case it needs a new home)

* ????? Maybe 1 more fish?

ooo snap didn't notice you want from the caribean sorry

I have a 20l aswell currently all I have is a one clownfish and a green clown goby. how many fish are you tring to go for

I think 5 fish is pushing it but I don't know what your filtration looks like. myself am really interested in the swissgaurd. it seems like a beautiful fish and I haven't noticed many people that have it

I think 5 fish is pushing it but I don't know what your filtration looks like. myself am really interested in the swissgaurd. it seems like a beautiful fish and I haven't noticed many people that have it

I agree 5 fish is pushing it but I also think it depends what kind. Obviously 5 wrasse wouldn't work, but if some of the 5 is like small gobies should be fine if you can keep up with bio load.

Ie, this would be fine IMO.

1x clown

1x firefish

3xsmall gobies or 2 and 1 dragonet

Just an example but I would say 5 fish is doable if you keep up on maintenance.

Archived