Cultivated Reef

Please help me find an LED Light for my 10 gallon reef..

TheTeenReefer

TheTeenReefer

Hey everyone.

I've been looking for an LED fixture that can support LPS and softies.

I would just like a simple fixture or Par38 bulb. I'm open to DIY, but it looks a little complicated.

I have a standard 10 gallon tank with normal dimensions.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

It would also be extremely helpful if you would posts the links to your suggestions.

Thanks in advance. :)

I personally would save up to $150. Do some odd jobs or something to get you the extra couple of bucks and get a Kessil 150.

It would save you in the long run.

TheTeenReefer

Kessil a150w is $250.00.

Even though I am getting a job soon I cannot afford to blow my entire pay check on expensive aquarium supplies. I need to save for things like college and a car. If I had the money I would but I can barely scrape up enough money to start this tank. Suggestions under $75.00 are the most helpful right now. Thanks for understanding. :)

Would one of these be good?

http://reefkoi.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=4274&zenid=9cf583cb1828da7e701d9d074fc0db57

Reefkoi has a nice par38, I'm currently running one over my 10. It's also probably as close as your going to get to your $75 ( unless you go used) at $79

Whoops shoulda read your post all the way :P

TheTeenReefer

Reefkoi has a nice par38, I'm currently running one over my 10. It's also probably as close as your going to get to your $75 ( unless you go used) at $79

Whoops shoulda read your post all the way :P

Can you show me a pic of your tank or thread link so I can see what it looks like?

Kessil a150w is $250.00.

Even though I am getting a job soon I cannot afford to blow my entire pay check on expensive aquarium supplies. I need to save for things like college and a car. If I had the money I would but I can barely scrape up enough money to start this tank. Suggestions under $75.00 are the most helpful right now. Thanks for understanding. :)Would one of these be good?

http://reefkoi.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=4274&zenid=9cf583cb1828da7e701d9d074fc0db57'>http://reefkoi.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=4274&zenid=9cf583cb1828da7e701d9d074fc0db57

I picked a brand new one up on Ebay Friday for 175 shipped.
TheTeenReefer

Thanks! ;)

So I should be good with the reefkoi? Does the bulb screw into any old lamp or do

I need a special one?

They'll go into any standard socket, they sell a goose neck which is nice, but I'm just using an architects desk lamp that I got from Walmart for $10 I believe.

if you haven't decided yet,maybe look into RapidLED's Nano Driver-$30 and then contact Jeff at StevesLED's 7up ( you can use any Luxeon ES leds on these ) with a 10" tubular heatsink. Should be about in your price range.

Archived