Top Shelf Aquatics

Clownfish! 16g Tall

k4ndyk1ng

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, My LFS had two tiiiiiiiiny 3/4 inch Cherub angels in today. I was like 75% of the way there pulling the trigger and taking them, but between the ridiculous comment flaming I'd get and the fact that they'd eat most of my macro algae, I decided not to

Oh man, My LFS had two tiiiiiiiiny 3/4 inch Cherub angels in today. I was like 75% of the way there pulling the trigger and taking them, but between the ridiculous comment flaming I'd get and the fact that they'd eat most of my macro algae, I decided not to

You must upgrade then...

I got Cyanobacteria in my tank nooooooo!!!!!

I will cut back the feedings and do some bigger water changes :(

Any other ideas?

You know what man! It's that time of the year when cyano strikes. I recently got it and so did some of my friends. Must be that weather change idk lol

You know what man! It's that time of the year when cyano strikes. I recently got it and so did some of my friends. Must be that weather change idk lol

Maybe, I can only put this down to me over feeding and lack of a skimmer... If I cut back feedings it should starve itself out

Fingers crossed :/

On the upside the hermit loves the cyano :)

And with the pico I may resurrect it to be a Xenia tank, so much movement with so little effort :)

The tiger serpent star has found his favourite food, the cherubs poop lol

The cyano is dying down but the gha is going strong on 1 rock

Test for nitrates and phosphates.

Get them lower and the gha should slow down enough to scrub it and get rid of it.

Those test are both very misleading because the gha is using up the nutrients, I have cut back on feedings and doing more smaller water changes to get rid of detritus

Those test are both very misleading because the gha is using up the nutrients, I have cut back on feedings and doing more smaller water changes to get rid of detritus

Yes but you don't have a full blown gha outbrake. On my 45g, I have a 13g refugiun with all kinds of algae and I still can read my nutrients. Give it a try. What test kits are you using?

Yes but you don't have a full blown gha outbrake. On my 45g, I have a 13g refugiun with all kinds of algae and I still can read my nutrients. Give it a try. What test kits are you using?
Salifert

Nitrates 10 Phos can't really tell but looks to be 0.1

Salifert Nitrates 10

Phos can't really tell but looks to be 0.1

Nitrates are within range but a little high than what I Like my reef at. Do some water changes. And why not add a simple breeder box inside with some cheato to help with the nutrients? :)

Nitrates are within range but a little high than what I Like my reef at. Do some water changes. And why not add a simple breeder box inside with some cheato to help with the nutrients? :)

all i have is that dreaded other algae that i cant spell that i put in my pico, i have sorta breeder box for it too, i cant afford anny cheato atm because i bought the shrimp and im ill so missed my paper round :(

Haha I say wait a bit for the 60g. You will still need to cycle it.

That algae you're talking about, is it caulerpa? If so use it in the breeder box. Imo it works better than chart I as for nutrient control. Just gotta make sure you trim it to avoid it going asexual.

Haha I say wait a bit for the 60g. You will still need to cycle it.

That algae you're talking about, is it caulerpa? If so use it in the breeder box. Imo it works better than chart I as for nutrient control. Just gotta make sure you trim it to avoid it going asexual.

It is so frustrating having an empty tank lol

It is caulerpa and I have a little box for it, if it does go sexual I'll put all the effected rock in the pico and have it as a pest tank :P

I was wondering if it would be wise to add a pair of clowns, im concerned about my nutrient levels and the angel ripping them to piece.

also the cleaners are getting closer but when they do get too close the big one nips the small one. The small one also sleeps on the angels back in a little cave, it is so cute!

Any updates? I am 12 so I now how you feel about noyt having any money, but I am hoping to d a sw hen I move.

ill get some pictures by tomorrow :)

Archived