Top Shelf Aquatics

Clownfish! 16g Tall

k4ndyk1ng

Hi all, this is a temporary tank that will still last longer than the pico, lol. The dimensions are 42x30x50cm which is 17x12x20" making this just under 16g. This still isn't permanent for Colin (the rescued cherub angelfish)

Filling the tank at 50gpd....

imagejpg1.jpg

Still filling.... With some salt in, the rest will be made up with the pico water and the water is heating up. The move will hopefully be tomorrow :)

imagejpg2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad you are upgrading for that little angel. After it gets bigger I say go for a 40g final upgrade. :)

No no no. Not 40 I'm going 60 with dimensions of 48x24x12 so it is shallow and like half a 120 so he will love it. I'm going to pickup a pair of cleaner shrimp in a couple days for the tank. For now here is what it looks like

20141025_133909.jpg

Daaang! 60g? Nice! Those dimensions sound awesome!

I just need to save up for lr, plumbing parts, bulbs or instead of lr finding dry rock in the uk that doesn't leach phosphates! And that is cheap so hard to do... :(

Getting some cleaner shrimp on Tuesday, i have asked for the smallest 2 possible so they dont add to much bioload to the tank. when these cleaners get bigger they will also get moved to the 60g

Nice! Shrimp don't have a big bioload so I wouldn't worry about that! ;)

The 2 shrimp aren't fighting one the big one is chasing the small one... Also I have found a starfish that appeared on a new piece of lr, he looks like a serpent one and I don't know how I missed him lol,

Anyway photos to come :)

The 2 shrimp aren't fighting one the big one is chasing the small one... Also I have found a starfish that appeared on a new piece of lr, he looks like a serpent one and I don't know how I missed him lol, Anyway photos to come :)

I love my cleaner shrimp pair, they took right to each other oddly enough even when added months apart. They bother me when I have my hands in the tank tho I am always pushing them off of me lol.

I love my cleaner shrimp pair, they took right to each other oddly enough even when added months apart. They bother me when I have my hands in the tank tho I am always pushing them off of me lol.

I was trying to move some coral and they were between my hand and the rocks, and I didn't want to crush them, they are so cocky. I thought they were shy for the first few days :/

I was trying to move some coral and they were between my hand and the rocks, and I didn't want to crush them, they are so cocky. I thought they were shy for the first few days :/

lol I found out when paired they are not nearly as shy and always out and about. Before I paired my single one hung out behind my rockwork most of the day and only came out at night.

lol I found out when paired they are not nearly as shy and always out and about. Before I paired my single one hung out behind my rockwork most of the day and only came out at night.

Mine despise each other and are still so cocky, one got smacked in the face by the cherubs back fin lol

One of the shrimp, he likes to clean under my nails :)imagejpg3.jpg

The hitchhiker serpent starfish, I don't know where it hid in the rock but I missed it, it seems to be eating okimagejpg2-1.jpg

it is missing a part....

its the bit just above the pump

also it is the Bubble-Magus curve 5

Oh no!

And that's a great skimmer. Good choice.

Glad you decided to upgrade while you had the 16 laying around!

yeah the 16 was the sump lol, and will be the sump for this skimmer

Oh no!

And that's a great skimmer. Good choice.

yeah the build quality on it is fantastic compared to the boyo one i had....

yeah the 16 was the sump lol, and will be the sump for this skimmer

Haha I see now... So the skimmer will have to wait until you get that 60g up and running then. :)

Haha I see now... So the skimmer will have to wait until you get that 60g up and running then. :)

Yep, and the skimmer is a Christmas present from Santa.. Shhhhh

Archived