Top Shelf Aquatics

AI Sol or Kessil for my 5.5g

monkdaily

I am up grading from a par30. So I have the opportunity to get a AI Sol blue from a local reefer with a contoller for a really good price. I wanted to know if I should get it or spend the extra coin on a kessil? It's a sps and lps mixed reef if that helps. Anyone ran a AI Sol on a tank this size or have a link for someone who has?

The Kessils (I'm assuming you're thinking about the A150) are not dimmable, so that'll be a deal breaker for me. I'd go with the AI Sol and controller unless you want to wait for the A160 coming out soon.

The Kessils (I'm assuming you're thinking about the A150) are not dimmable, so that'll be a deal breaker for me. I'd go with the AI Sol and controller unless you want to wait for the A160 coming out soon.

I was actually thinking a360we because of its dimmer and use with the controller

Or wait for the AI prime. Or buy a nanobox.

Do you know when the AI prime is releasing. It has a nice price point. That's why the AI Sol is my top contender right now a local reefer is asking 190 with controller. For that reason the nanobox is out even though I would love to have one

I was actually thinking a360we because of its dimmer and use with the controller

The A360WE would be way overkill for a 5.5 gallon. Honestly I'd get the NanoBox or wait for the AI Prime/A160 (both should be released soonish).

Archived