inTank Media Baskets

Third order, great as always

Jackal_Knight

Jackal_Knight

This is the Third clean up crew I have receive from from reef cleaners. I got the penny algae, not sure what it was but it was a nice red and my emerald crab will most likely eat it. I also got some pods figure i'd try them. but i forgot and was really confuse when i got a empty bag of water :blink: . I ended up remembering what it was and just dumped it in my tank lol. not sure if what i was suppose to do or not.

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Jackel_knight/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141023_183222783_HDR_zpsm0cdedo9.jpg.html'>IMG_20141023_183222783_HDR_zpsm0cdedo9.j

here is everyone chiling in a bucket some already moving around.

oh and the personal confirmation email is a really nice touch thanks again John.

I also got some pods figure i'd try them. but i forgot and was really confuse when i got a empty bag of water :blink: . I ended up remembering what it was and just dumped it in my tank lol. not sure if what i was suppose to do or not.

Always make sure you smell the water first for hydrogen sulfide (smell of rotten eggs). Sometimes you may get a bad batch and this can crash your tank. Also make sure to add pods at night and turn off all pumps/powerheads for 10-15 minutes to allow them to make it to the live rock and sand bed.

Jackal_Knight

Always make sure you smell the water first for hydrogen sulfide (smell of rotten eggs). Sometimes you may get a bad batch and this can crash your tank. Also make sure to add pods at night and turn off all pumps/powerheads for 10-15 minutes to allow them to make it to the live rock and sand bed.

well thats news to me, my tanks might be ####ed then. but it has been 7 hours since i tossed them in and my coral seem fine.

next time I'll know and turn the pumps off. Thanks

Your welcome! If you would like an ID for that algae post a pic, I should be able to ID it for you. Assuming the crab hasn't eaten it already. :)

John is a great guy to deal with. Bought my first CUC from him 4 years ago and it was nothing but great stuff.

Plan on getting another custom CUC soon!

Probably not, I only have seven right now

That's cool, good luck with the breeding. I'll take a drive to New Smyrna and get them at the jetties, I've heard people find them out there.

That's cool, good luck with the breeding. I'll take a drive to New Smyrna and get them at the jetties, I've heard people find them out there.

They work great but just know that if it's a big tank you won't ever see em after you put them in. You'll only see the effects of their hard work

They work great but just know that if it's a big tank you won't ever see em after you put them in. You'll only see the effects of their hard work

If I could find one out there I'd be happy. The aiptasia x ritual is getting old.

If I could find one out there I'd be happy. The aiptasia x ritual is getting old.

Also if you have exposed Powerheads be careful.

Btw when not in use you can keep them in a jar just fine lol put chaeto in there

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like red grape to me, but missing a lot of the grapes. Heres the a pic I was able to snap.IMG_20141024_114842584_zpsxowmr69q.jpg

This could be right, we had some that was in stock without bubbles that fish must have ate out there, who knows. Will have to see what grows from it, but that is likely what it is. Hard to tell from gracilaria without the "grapes" except by texture. Botryocladia is the coarser of the two, (what we carry at least).

Archived