Coral Vue Hydros

Diff between Nuvo & Nuvo Fusion?

zamboni200000

zamboni200000

Hey all,

Is the only difference between the IM AIO nuvo and nuvo fusion tanks is different sizes? Or are the technologies different? And if they are different, what do people think is better?

Thanks in advance everyone,

Danny

The nuvo fusion is cheaper because it doesn't have curved glass on the front edges. But imo, the quality and craftsmanship is better for the nuvo fusion series and it is low-iron glass unlike the nuvo series (regular glass which is worse than low-iron glass).

I believe the biggest difference (besides the sizes) is that they got rid of the curved glass that had a history of cracking on the nuvos and going with straight corners.

zamboni200000

ok cool, but the technology itself is the same? I want to pick one up, was just confused as to why it was so cheap. Thank you for the answers!

ok cool, but the technology itself is the same? I want to pick one up, was just confused as to why it was so cheap. Thank you for the answers!

Yeah technology is the same. I believe curved glass costs more in general. The price has nothing to do with the technology and the sizes. I had a nuvo 16g tank and its craftsmanship was much much worse than the fusion 10g tank that I have now.

warsteiner2009

I post picks of the 10 gallon in the newbie section. It's nice but not sure how it's different as I never seen the old version. Wish return pump was stronger though

Archived