Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

,My two clowns

Jaysharky

Hi, I've got two clowns in my tank, got them a day ago,they are not paired. I bought them from two different tanks. One is 3inch long and one is 2 1/2 inch long. The small one is swimming in the middle and the big one is swimming at the bottom, playing in my bubble tip anemone. If the small clown goes over too the big clown then he will be pushed about and then he just shakes like he is having a seizure. Why is he doing this? When I woke up the next day they were both sleeping on there side in the anemone together. Are they paired?

Thanks.

Ps, it's a 14l tank

Sounds like the are working on being paired. The shaking you are seeing is the smaller clown submitting to the bigger one. It might get a little violent since both are over 2 inches. But they will work it out.

Hi, my two clowns are not fighting at all anymore, the smallest one is getting darker in colour? They both sleep together in the anemone but during the day the smallest one hangs out in the middle of the tank whilst the big one swims in the anemone. They have stopped the 'seizures' but they sometimes they will swim close to each other and swim really wavy like there dancing. Are my clowns paired or paring? Plus the big clown has dug through the sand next to the anemone?

Archived