Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

macro algaes

petkingdom619

petkingdom619

I never really thought about them but just saw some tanks that look pretty nice.

Do they over take the tank very fast?

Do you have to prune them at some point?

Deep sand bed needed?

Defferent light?

Do reef safe fish eat these?

I never really thought about them but just saw some tanks that look pretty nice.

Do they over take the tank very fast?

Do you have to prune them at some point?

Deep sand bed needed?

Defferent light?

Do reef safe fish eat these?

I'm don't know a lot about macro alage. But I do know they're not a good choice for a display tank if that's what you're planing on. They reproduce fast and can overtake your tank, If not in a sump.

Based off of my reading and looking at different build threads, there's different kinds of macro algaes and each one grows differently. They shouldn't break off in the sump and go into the display, but i think there might be a small chance that it may slip into the display. They also seem to like the same light as long as there is enough nutrients and light for food and there are fish that eats macro algae but none that i know of that will fit in the sump or display tank.

If you want, I am pretty sure a reefer has a build with macro algae and softies though i cant remember if it is Metrocat (or is it Metrokat) or if it was Zia (ZiaReefer, i think)

I have a seahorse display tank with softies and macro algae. They are not as invasive as you might think. Even my feather caulerpa (and that is a bit invasive) is controllable. I think of it like a flower bed. Even some types of flowers need to be pruned.

Archived