inTank Media Baskets

Potential 4.5G Pico Reef, any suggestions?

summoner2183

Hey guys I am planning to build a 4.5 gallon pico reef. The tank is a Boyu ASD-300, and its measurements are 11.8" x 8.6" x 10.2". I already have the lights, a hanging 10W LED with blue and white light to it. What equipment should I get for this setup, and how many pounds of live rock/sand should I get?

Also, what stocks in terms of soft corals should I get and can I keep any fish in here, or is it only suitable for inverterbrates? Please help this beginner reefer out... really appreciate it.

Hey guys I am planning to build a 4.5 gallon pico reef. The tank is a Boyu ASD-300, and its measurements are 11.8" x 8.6" x 10.2". I already have the lights, a hanging 10W LED with blue and white light to it. What equipment should I get for this setup, and how many pounds of live rock/sand should I get?

Also, what stocks in terms of soft corals should I get and can I keep any fish in here, or is it only suitable for inverterbrates? Please help this beginner reefer out... really appreciate it.

Welcome to nano reef :) equipment, just use lr and a power head and maybe a hob filter to run carbon and filter floss. Get 4-5 pounds of lr and under a 10w led you can keep any coral you want, easy ones are mushrooms and zoas. You can keep a yellow clown goby but if you plan to get sps corals the goby will eat them. Good luck and have fun
Thanks... um, what about any other corals, what softies do you recommend?

The easy ones, mushrooms, zoas and just soft corals work well

Can you post a picture of the LED? It depends greatly on the actual chip but I'd say anything up to SPS is possible. I'd recommend going zoas/polyps then perhaps a few LPS with the intention of going LPS dominated because they're the most colorful tanks and LPS are pretty forgiving in terms of water quality

Archived