Pod Your Reef

uh oh. Monti Cap dying?

uwdanno

I had to FW dip my purple rim monti cap to get some nudibranch off.

I did and now its losing color very fast. I was in a rush and the temp of the dip def was a bit low.

Is it dying??

Its sliming pretty hard too

Cell pic...

20141018_152758.jpg

Your best bet is to let it be. It should recover under good conditions.

Ill def leave it alone.

Here is a better pic. It seriously looks like all the zoo is just flowing out of it :(

20141018_161015.jpg

Give it time. My friend had a bad pump that wiped out his cleaner shrimp. I went over and took the corals he was going to throw out only the birdsnest didn't make it, the monti I took I started putting some zoas on it and a few weeks later it started to look alive again. So I had to find another place for the zoas.

Run some charcoal to kept the sliming from effecting the other corals.

Give it time. My friend had a bad pump that wiped out his cleaner shrimp. I went over and took the corals he was going to throw out only the birdsnest didn't make it, the monti I took I started putting some zoas on it and a few weeks later it started to look alive again. So I had to find another place for the zoas.

Run some charcoal to kept the sliming from effecting the other corals.

Thanks. I run CPE and Purigen. I also did a 50% water change yesterday to get the slime and any by-product out of the tank.

I think the water change should help it recover as well. A good replenishment of fresh nutrients. We will see.

I can see parts of the skeleton in areas but roughly 25% of the monti is still a brownish color. Thats giving me hope that it'll recover.

Archived