Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

36g Shallow AIO

jabeuy

Aww man, I'm 1" too high ;)

Good tip about the sandbed. The blasto is gonna be put on the same rock as the acan. Not sure where to place the candy cane though. But I think I like the hammer and torch on the sand, unless I find a good place for them.

Only reason I say that if you you ever been diving on the reefs and seen shallow water reef and boomies-most coral is on the limestone and not the sand bed. It your tank so do what you like best! :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since one of my clowns has ich, I've sadly decided to QT them both and go fallow for the recommended period.

Sucks cause the tank was just set up, but if the tank will always have ich b/c of not doing this, it'll be on my mind for every new fish addition.

In the meantime...that means I'll be going crazy with corals and other inverts!

Decided not to go fallow anymore, since my clown is all better. Ich would still be in the tank, but I figure even if I get rid of it, it can come back from taking a ride on corals and inverts. And settings up 2 QTs for fish and corals/inverts just doesn't seem feasible for me.

And an update:

- got a couple new acans, a frogspawn and goniopora.

VvxRpar.jpg?1VnbKkq6.jpg?1y2D8rGu.jpg?1dEGaonJ.jpg?1

Loving the scape and size of tank. I have same size rimless but drilled.

Thanks!

Do you have some sort of mesh top on yours? I wanna try a wrasse, but figure I need to cover up the top first.

Put in a Tunze 9004 skimmer.

Still trying to tune it and get it all right. Hopefully it runs well and I can do biweekly water changes now instead of weekly :D

Thanks. Those lights look pretty cool actually. Can I ask where you bought yours from?

Straight from them! Went through alibaba to get in touch with a rep.

But they sell the same lights branded differently depending on where you are.

Search for LT Marine or OCReef Optimaxx.

Lost the fire shrimp. It molted cause I saw it's shell but could still locate him in the tank. But a few days later I saw a grab and nassarius snail feasting on it lol.

I got a 6 line wrasse just today. Such a cool fish. It hides in the rock work, comes out and swims in the same path around corals and rock over and over haha.

New video I took last week:

Anyone know what sort of settings to use on a Nikon V1? Some clips I took with my phone camera before, look just as good if not better lol.

I love your dimensions and scaping. My dream tank is somewhere around 36"L X 18"W X 14"H to 36"L X 24"W X 14"H.

Thanks! Deeper is definitely better I think, if the space allows.

Some updates:

Finally got a still picture of the 6-line wrasse

eVrpUYf.jpg

Also got a 1.5-2" yellow tang. It's in QT right now. I know this tank is too small for a fully grown yellow tang, but I legitimately plan on setting up a bigger tank in another space in the near future.

GfrgMRa.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Been getting some ugly brownish/reddish stuff on the sand. Not sure if it's just diatoms or cyano, hopefully not dinos.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/354625-diatoms-or-dinos/

Also looking to get more flow in the display. Getting bad surface agitation on the opposite half of the tank from the wp10.

A gyre would be nice, but it looks like it'll be a while before the smaller version comes out.

Any suggestions on a more powerful pump? Maybe a Jebao rw8?

I'm running an rw4 on a 40B aio and it's really nice.

Are you running it on full blast? Right now my wp10 is on full, so I was thinking a dialed down rw8 would be better than maxing out an rw4.

Archived