SaltCritters.com

3rd and last Fish to add (Nuvo 16)

Genie382

Hi all,

Looking to add my 3rd and last fish to the tank (I have some inverts and I think this will max out my bioload). Currently am housing a Tailspot blenny and a Molly Miller Blenny. Would love something to swim in the water column and be nice to my current gentle inhabitants. Other potential edible inhabitants by some fish are two of my Sexy shrimp.

I had a Firefish (first fish in the tank) but he was very shy and hid a lot. One day he just disappeared and I have yet to see him again (been over 1 month). I like cardinal fish but would want something more active.

I've been thinking of a Royal Gamma but I heard that they can be mean. True? Or should I just get a little clown? Any other suggestions?

I just bought a Royal Gramma, and they are a bit shy. They like to be near the rock at all times, even moreso than a Tailspot. (I had one of those too until he jumped :()

Gramma's are generally peaceful as long as other fish stay away from their cave or terrirtory that they claimed, as this is where they lay eggs and sleep My other fish is a Blue Damsel and she is very active!

Clowns get somewhat large and are dirty fish, mind you. They have a large bioload. It might not be the best choice since you already have two fish, but I think you'd be alright if you get a small one, like you stated!

Dr.Brain Coral

I would give up on your firefish just yet. I have read many stories of them disappearing for months at a time and then reappearing

Etuccs suggestion of a Blue Damsel is great.

Etucc you were right about my Tailspot by the way...I gave him a few days and now his is a pig! I love his little personality. How is your clown goby doing?

I heard damsels can be aggressive, but can that be mitigated if they are added last?

The springers damsel is a pretty good community fish and beautiful if your looking for something bold but friendly. clownfish and clown gobies would be my other choices.

i had a yellow tailed damsel (meant to be one of the most peaceful) and he attacked everything, so i had to take him back. I have a royal gramma took him a few days to settle in but he is very active and hasnt attacked anything i have in the tank. Another suggestion maybe a chromis, i at first didnt think they looked that nice in the store, but in my tank they look awesome, different colours at different lighting, and by far the most active fish i have. I put my wavemake on feed mode when i feed them, and he sits there waiting for it to come back on and then chases the food!

Archived