Innovative Marine Aquariums

3 inches too short

billybatz9

Hey guys, I am buying a stand that is 31 inches by 18 inches and 32 inches tall. Will the three inches missing back from back to front be an issue? Can some just hang off? I have a biocube 29

Hey guys, I am buying a stand that is 31 inches by 18 inches and 32 inches tall. Will the three inches missing back from back to front be an issue? Can some just hang off? I have a biocube 29

I'm pretty sure it will be fine but I'm not 100% some one will know on here though

I've seen others do it with even larger tanks like 55 and 75 gallons. I myself would never chance it myself. Just one of those things where it's not worth risking, buying a proper sized stand is cheaper than the possible outcome.

Yehp, using something flat and the dimensions of the tank to bring the stress back to the stand is a good idea. Make sure it's waterproof and won't warp, though, because you really don't want uneven stress along the bottom of the aquarium.

Cut a piece of plywood the exact tank size, paint it, screw it down to the stand. Done.

+1

Don't hang the tank off the edge... YIKES! The weight on rimmed tanks like biocubes is supported by the rim. It seems like having part of that hanging off would be risky. One shouldn't put 100's of dollars of livestock and skimp out on the stand. Make sure the the wood you use is sturdy.

Archived