ReefCleaners.org

Help me choose my next tankmate!

{8ry}

So I have a 20g high, filtration is live rock, powerheads and a biowheel 150.

I currently have 1 clown (had two but one committed suicide a while ago) and a cleaner shrimp.

I'd like something colorful, social and hardy and won't add too much to the bio-load of the tank. I have corals as well (zoas, mushrooms, a hammer and pipeorgan) so he needs to be reef-safe as well.

What say you? Any suggestions?!

get a tang...lol get a frog fish, but only if you have an adult or fairly large clown relative to the frog fish

+1 on the tang (police) lol, dont. Maybe get a little cherub angel some sorta goby or a royal grammar

get a tang...lol get a frog fish, but only if you have an adult or fairly large clown relative to the frog fish

LOL....a tang...."But they looked so tiny in the fish store!" ;) Thanks all for the suggestions so far!

michaelrzachmann

6 line wrasses are awesome. mine never stops flying around the tank at high speeds, also has nice colors and really cool looking eyes. Tailspot blennys and bi color blennies are also cool have a lot of personality and definitly unique. Also have two clowns is nice seeing them pair especially with a host anemone if you have good enough lighting. All just in my opinion and expirience

Mr. Microscope

I'll help you pick out something tomorrow if you want. I'd go with a tailspot blenny, but if they have a captive bred orchid dottyback I'd recommend it. Mine was a perfect citizen and added a lot of life to the tank. I really like six lines, but I've never owned one. I did have a four-line wrasse, but it was mean.

Why not another...Clown!

I had two at first, they were the first inhabitants of the tank. Loved them, but one jumped out overnight. I've read that clowns can be a-holes to each other if they aren't added in pairs? It's been about 2 months since his friend bit the dust. Plus I want to run light on the live stock in this tank. I'm not running a skimmer and don't intend to. I'm keeping up with my weekly water changes. I figure I'd only have 2-3 fish in this tank, so instead of replacing the clown, figured I'd get something new.

Archived