inTank Media Baskets

Fluval spec V ATO, mounting the switches?

Chris333

Hello all.

I've been out of SW for a while and recently bought the Fluval Spec V to make a nano reef. In the past I had a 15g SW tank with a 10g sump. I made my own ATO and it was pretty simple to mount the switches down in the sump.

Now with the Fluval V I'm wondering exactly how to mount the switches? The heater and pump will take up the small section. In the larger section I'd like to make a simple rack for Purigen, Chemipur, and fliter floss.

How do it get this all to fit? Any help or links to other tanks would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

I have the Tunzo nano osmolator on my spec v. I have the float switch along one of the long side walls (back of tank) and the refill hose into the pump return chamber. Took a couple weeks to get it settled. But, works great for me.

Thanks.

I was just thinking at worst I can put the heater in the tank or if the switches won't fit back there, put them in the tank. If I put a PVC snail guard around it and paint that black it will hardly be noticed.

Yeah that should work. My snail guard works for the most part. But, the dwarf cerith's still seem to get underneath it from time to time.

Good luck

Archived