Top Shelf Aquatics

20 Long Lighting

Cove

Hello,

I am just wondering what people are using over their 20 longs. I just scooped a tank up and I don't have the funds for Nanobox as I had hoped. My idea is to get 3x Par 38s or a Reefbreeders Fixture. Anyone use these? I heard if i go reef breeders I need to take out the lenses to get good coverage?

Any input is appreciated :)

A reef breeders value fixture will need to be ran without optics and hung high enough to give equal spread. But 3 par38 will look too spot lighted IMO

I vote for a reef breeder with 2x24w bulbs retrofit! :)

I'd agree on the 2 bulb setup if you aren't going to worry about any SPS or more light demanding coral. I've had 2 bulb setups and theya re great for softies and most LPS.

Thank you for all the suggestions! I really want to keep it simple, one or the other works.

Im running a reefbreeder value over my 20long, softies lps and sps love it

Nick do you have stock lenses on it? How high is it raised?

I'd agree on the 2 bulb setup if you aren't going to worry about any SPS or more light demanding coral. I've had 2 bulb setups and theya re great for softies and most LPS.

I meant a retrofit. A reef breeders with 2x24w t5s. One on each side. Not a 2 bulb alone lol :)

I had an old PC light fixture. I gutted it out and retrofitted it with 24 rapidLED cree with a storm controller. It's a perfect fit to sit on top on the tank.

I want to have some freedom, Ive been using a current orbit for a few months so I would like something a lot more open to all corals.

Archived