Coral Vue Hydros

New Flame Angel Not Eating (with pictures)

shawnriv

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a Flame Angelfish from my LFS last week and he's been in quarantine. I've fed him a variety of foods but seems to take them in and then spit them out. He's very mobile around the quarantine tank, but I worry that he's not eating enough. Here is what I've tried feeding him already:

7DA72CBD-05D6-40AB-BE03-DCD2563A608E_zps

some fish take a while to adapt to a new home, just keep offering for a few days, or if you have the opportunity buy some live baby brine (or hatch it yourself) or live black worms to try to feed, if it eats those it should buy you some time to ween him onto frozen

+1 to live baby brine. It should go for them. I would also try frozen spirulina-loaded brine as a way to get it eating prepared foods. You don't want to feed it brine long-term though. It's not that nutritious.

Just an update everyone. I cut up the frozen Mysis in much smaller pieces and the Flame is doing better. I am going to pick up some frozen Plankton from my LFS today. (knock on wood)

He will do fine!Although these fish are fairly finicky I believe these are some animals that have evolved and adapted to live...so I think as long as to don't give up he will do good :)

What's the size of the qt!

places to hide in the qt?

Are you medicating?

They are hogs, something simple isn't adding up.

They love Lps corals try putting som in there. ?

What's the size of the qt!

places to hide in the qt?

Are you medicating?They are hogs, something simple isn't adding up. They love Lps corals try putting som in there.

The quarantine tank is 20 gallons and there is many pieces to hide since I have PVC pipe in there. And I am medicating daily with Paraguard. It looks like he starting to get better; he's been picking at a piece of New Era Marine Grazer. I take it out after he's done eating and throw it back in the next day. I feed my clowns the New Life Spectrum and they seem too big for the Flame. I just hope he begins to eat them before I put him in my DT.

Archived