SaltCritters.com

DIM4

Aabiuso

Does anyone know where else you can get a dim4 controler the only place I've seen with them is led group buy and they don't have it and say it was replaced with a different product? I may have read that part wrong but I am looking for one possibly 2

jedimasterben

The DIM4 was made for LEDgroupbuy, so that was the only place to get it. It was sold out a while back and decided that it was not necessary anymore as people are moving away from 0-10v AC-DC drivers and using PWM DC-DC drivers.

Oh man I wish I could still get them I thought they were perfect for small nanos since you had the ability to run 12 LEDs directly to it without a driver...is there anything else similar that you could do that with or no?

jedimasterben

No, it was the only controller/driver all in one. Well, sort of lol.

O2Surplus on ReefCentral has made set of boards that has a Typhon controller on one side and four LDD drivers on the other, just apply 48v to the LDD and 12v to the Typhon and fans and you're good to go.

He also makes boards with drivers he designed, along with a Meanwell SCW for converting 48v to 12v power, along with a custom Arduino controller. Pretty sure that he can pre-program the controller and such for you and do the controller to SCW control (this way the fans don't run 24/7). He can also do pretty much anything you want, so look him up and talk to him if you're interested, he loves to do stuff with electronics.

I wish he was on this forum, he'd be a good addition :)

No, it was the only controller/driver all in one. Well, sort of lol.

O2Surplus on ReefCentral has made set of boards that has a Typhon controller on one side and four LDD drivers on the other, just apply 48v to the LDD and 12v to the Typhon and fans and you're good to go.

He also makes boards with drivers he designed, along with a Meanwell SCW for converting 48v to 12v power, along with a custom Arduino controller. Pretty sure that he can pre-program the controller and such for you and do the controller to SCW control (this way the fans don't run 24/7). He can also do pretty much anything you want, so look him up and talk to him if you're interested, he loves to do stuff with electronics.

I wish he was on this forum, he'd be a good addition :)

Ohh I haven't seen the typhon/ldd board combo yet. Is that one on the main LDD thread?

jedimasterben

I believe it is. Now that I think about it it may not have been O2 that made that particular board, but it was someone there lol

Archived