Pod Your Reef

is it do able tidepool tank

petkingdom619

petkingdom619

Maybe a 24" x24"x6" rimless tank. Drilled in the middle with the overflow draining below to a sump. And a pump hooked up to drain the tank half way at certain times of the day and then fill back up.

petkingdom619

I was thinking just put a pump on a timer and send the tune down the over flow. Would take some work

You could have a huge sump and a really low overflow pipe, so if you turn the return pump off the whole tank drains into it

This general idea sounds reasonable to me. Or use float switches and timers to manage the pumps that fill and empty the tank. Could even have the float switches in the sump and measure water level in there that correlates to the right water level in the display.

Tony

Get two equal size aquariums, obtain pumps that can run at very, very low speeds several ounces per minute more or less depending on the size of the tanks have the pumps on timers matching the tides lengths. Now here's another part to make your life difficult, the whole part of rock pools of water, I'd recommend taking disposable plastic bowls or carved foam prices and coat them with cement, take your "pools" and stack/arrange in a fittable and removable organization in the aquarium. Now you will have a tidal pool aquarium, you can obtain specimens for this tank by simply visiting tidal pools and collecting the goodies within

Foam pieces not prices

petkingdom619

If I went with local tide pools I would have to add a chiller to the list.

Need to find someone that can do a custom glass or acrylic tank of that size

• 2 weeks later...

Archived