Cultivated Reef

Yuma or Florida

Amy

For me yuma seem to spread faster and grow larger. So I guess something to consider if you have a small tank

If your near nyc I was about to post some on the

Local forum. Pm me

Very interesting thanks for the replies

Nano sapient what a beautiful tank love all the Rics, do you find the addition of Iodine makes a difference? I have year that many say it does.

I have 3 Floridas and 1 Yuma in my 5 gal, 2 Rock Flower Anemones, 3 zoa frags and a frag of rodiactis mushrooms.

The place I get my stuff from here has Rainbow Yumas I have not seen them in person yet till tomorrow but are they anything special?

She said the colors in them are blue, green, yellow, orange

Very interesting thanks for the replies Nano sapient what a beautiful tank love all the Rics, do you find the addition of Iodine makes a difference? I have year that many say it does. I have 3 Floridas and 1 Yuma in my 5 gal, 2 Rock Flower Anemones, 3 zoa frags and a frag of rodiactis mushrooms. The place I get my stuff from here has Rainbow Yumas I have not seen them in person yet till tomorrow but are they anything special? She said the colors in them are blue, green, yellow, orange

You won't find any scientific proof that iodine additions are helpful, but I and many other reef keepers have found over the years that a mild weekly dosing seems to be beneficial.

Wild Yumas are always risky since they are prone to infection. Whenever possible, 'captive' Yumas are a much safer buy. There are no real 'named' Yumas like you see with Zoanthids. Basically, buy what appeals to you as long as the Yuma is expanded and looks healthy.

Mild dose seems to be key. The kent lugols says 1 drop per 25g a week. I've got around 40g total volume and been dosing 1 drop per week. One thing I've noticed is my pink florida rics have regained the teal/blue highlights that have been gone for quite a while. Along with my zoas that some had started morphing are now back to normal and extra vibrant looking. But I guess there's alot of factors

That can contribute.

I love both! I currently have 1 yuma and a handful of floridas, but plan to get more. They are interesting in the fact that they are both very similar, but definitely have their differences. If you want to know more details about both ricordea, this is a great video to watch:

Archived