SaltCritters.com

Monti grafting experiment

Skuba

Been thinking about doing this experiment for a while and plan on giving it a shot in the next few days. So I figured id start a thread for you to tag along or comment. I know these grafts don't always work, but

If it does I think the color combination of these 2 montis will make for something pretty nice!

First up is my flower petal monti. Neon green with

Bright blue star shaped polyps.

76F910BA-4C9F-4684-9781-061D11D6F42E_zps

Next is a reeftech starburst cap. The bright orange should compliment the neon green good.

36034044-DC55-4205-BDAD-4ABBF8BFE3B9_zps

Been thinking about doing this experiment for a while and plan on giving it a shot in the next few days. So I figured id start a thread for you to tag along or comment. I know these grafts don't always work, but

If it does I think the color combination of these 2 montis will make for something pretty nice!

First up is my flower petal monti. Neon green with

Bright blue star shaped polyps.

76F910BA-4C9F-4684-9781-061D11D6F42E_zps

Next is a reeftech starburst cap. The bright orange should compliment the neon green good.

36034044-DC55-4205-BDAD-4ABBF8BFE3B9_zps

I love that Reef Tech Monti, once I get everything settled that will be the first thing I buy. Finding one cheap is generally my issue.

This thread isn't meant to start a debate on grafting if it works or doesn't. It's a experiment meant to have some fun and maybe create a unique awesome looking piece of art.

I love that Reef Tech Monti, once I get everything settled that will be the first thing I buy. Finding one cheap is generally my issue.

I got mine for pretty cheap. Where are you located?

Never mind dude. Didn't realize that was u lol

Top Shelf Aquatics in Winter Park (if you're willing to make the drive) had some starburst frags for only $25-35 when I went last week.

This thread isn't meant to start a debate on grafting if it works or doesn't. It's a experiment meant to have some fun and maybe create a unique awesome looking piece of art.

I got mine for pretty cheap. Where are you located?

Never mind dude. Didn't realize that was u lol

Those are both legit beautiful caps dude, I will be looking for either. My issue is locally there is only 1 quality shop (world wide corals) and they are a little pricey compared to most online vendors, and even most other shops. I wish I had a closer shop for my coral and fish purchases. I plan on making a cap like these my center piece.

Top Shelf Aquatics in Winter Park (if you're willing to make the drive) had some starburst frags for only $25-35 when I went last week.

That's nice! I'll have to try to head out that way some time. 85 Miles though, sigh

Those are both legit beautiful caps dude, I will be looking for either. My issue is locally there is only 1 quality shop (world wide corals) and they are a little pricey compared to most online vendors, and even most other shops. I wish I had a closer shop for my coral and fish purchases. I plan on making a cap like these my center piece.

That's nice! I'll have to try to head out that way some time.

I've never shipped. But I'll look into it and once your cycles complete I'd hook u up. Being a fellow subie owner n

All. Haha

I'm jealous, your local to WWC? While pricey that's def a legit place to find some quality stuff.

That's nice! I'll have to try to head out that way some time. 85 Miles though, sigh

Yeah I know it's far from you but if you've never been there you will definitely enjoy their prices and selection. Sometimes they even do buy 2 get 1 free. And WWC is worth the prices. They have some super rare chalice and brain coral morphs.

I've never shipped. But I'll look into it and once your cycles complete I'd hook u up. Being a fellow subie owner n

All. Haha

I'm jealous, your local to WWC? While pricey that's def a legit place to find some quality stuff.

Well I'm not really local to WWC, but I've been a lot and always paid 200-300 a trip and sadly didn't leave with much.

Hell yeah bro, when the tank is finally 100% stable I'd be down! haha! Rocking two fish now, and a Frogspawn that's nearly doubled in size since I got it. I'm hoping to trade it locally for a golden torch soon.

Well I'm not really local to WWC, but I've been a lot and always paid 200-300 a trip and sadly didn't leave with much.

Hell yeah bro, when the tank is finally 100% stable I'd be down! haha! Rocking two fish now, and a Frogspawn that's nearly doubled in size since I got it. I'm hoping to trade it locally for a golden torch soon.

I gotta frag my neon green branching hammer soon. It's dangerously close to a angry lobo lol. What graph did u end up going with on the xr15?

I gotta frag my neon green branching hammer soon. It's dangerously close to a angry lobo lol. What graph did u end up going with on the xr15?

I'm using the Radiant Reef at 50% max, from 12PM-9PM. The Frogspawn is responding great! HUGEEEE. I got it for free, so I kept it in there, but at this point I'm looking to get rid of it since the tank is getting it's diatom bloom and I can actually place corals in there safely!

I'm using the Radiant Reef at 50% max, from 12PM-9PM. The Frogspawn is responding great! HUGEEEE. I got it for free, so I kept it in there, but at this point I'm looking to get rid of it since the tank is getting it's diatom bloom and I can actually place corals in there safely!

Yea I started with the radiant graph and tweaked it. I can send u my graph to play with. My acans and hammer ballooned the first day under full spectrum. Literally tripled or more in size.

Yea I started with the radiant graph and tweaked it. I can send u my graph to play with. My acans and hammer ballooned the first day under full spectrum. Literally tripled or more in size.

I just can't wait to get corals in general! I want something to grow! hahaha, dying for something to look at. I have the itch!

I just can't wait to get corals in general! I want something to grow! hahaha, dying for something to look at. I have the itch!

It's a dangerous itch that doesn't stop with the one tank lol

Archived