ReefCleaners.org

advice on next fish

tbunnelldo

You have 2 fish that are very high bioload. I wouldn't risk it personally. I know clowns when taken care of properly can live over 20 years. Once you clowns decide which one is female you will see a difference in size. A female will get huge compared to the male. You will need to be thinking of upgrading probably shortly.

Yeah you are pretty much at your limit. But I'm sure one more will be your max. Try a small cardinal :)

Also, please be sure you have a good skimmer to avoid issues :)

Check what you have space for first. Good nano skimmer of my choice on a budget would be a Reef Octopus NS-80 (approx. $50 shipped from BRS), but the best choice would be a CAD lights PLS-50 Elite. There's other good options but my vote would be for the PLS-50.

You could probably get away with one more smaller fish but I'd recommend waiting a couple months, see what your params are hitting when you do your WC's, etc. For example right now I have a clown and a red scooter dragonet, and I do a roughly 20% WC every 10-14 days. In that time my nitrate climbs from 0 to maybe 3 or so, somewhere between 0 and 5. Once I added a skimmer it pretty much stays at 0 consistently now so it would just depend what your tank can handle.

i do about 20% water change every 1-2 weeks and my nitrates stay 0-5. do the 2 skimmer you mention fit in the back compartment of the nuvo or do they hang off the back. i am working with limited space, as the aquarium in on a counter in my kitchen and have probably 5-6 inches behind the tank to work with.

i do about 20% water change every 1-2 weeks and my nitrates stay 0-5. do the 2 skimmer you mention fit in the back compartment of the nuvo or do they hang off the back. i am working with limited space, as the aquarium in on a counter in my kitchen and have probably 5-6 inches behind the tank to work with.

The NS-80 is an internal one, no idea if it would fit though. The PLS-50 is internal as well and it requires a 3.5"x3.5" footprint.

If your parameters are stable you could probably get away with a small and not super active fish. Example would be a goby of some sort.

Remember less sand and rocks you probably have a good bit less water than you think, probably in the range of 12-14G.

Archived