Coral Vue Hydros

New Filter. Cloudy Water

ackattackkk

So last night I got an Aqua Clear 110 Filter, originally had a Marineland penguin gave to my gf for her tank. Hooked everything up last night had it up and running for about 4 hours before I went to bed. Turned my lights on this morning and my tank was cloudy? Not like new tank cloudy I could still see everything but it wasnt clear like normal. Any ideas?

Partially Submerged

Are you using new filter media? If so, how well did you rinse them? Cloudy water with new filters is pretty normal and should clear up pretty quickly. As long as your livestock is doing well and your parameters are good, I wouldn't worry about it. You could do a large water change, but it may not do much against the cloudiness.

Are you using new filter media? If so, how well did you rinse them? Cloudy water with new filters is pretty normal and should clear up pretty quickly. As long as your livestock is doing well and your parameters are good, I wouldn't worry about it. You could do a large water change, but it may not do much against the cloudiness.

Just what came in the ac 110 which is Foam pad and bagged carbon. Which I never really used when I had the penguin. So i thought the carbon might be the problem. I rinsed it but maybe not good enough. Corals are opened and fish are fine just doesnt look appealing lol. Took the carbon out for now. Pretty big bag of it

Archived