Pod Your Reef

Randalls goby feeding

Nehsmit

Hey all,

Thinking about getting one and wanted to do my research. What it's the best thing to feed a Randalls goby and more importantly how often do they need to be fed? What if I'm going on vaca,?

Thanks in advance.

Sand.

Well, that's what mine eats. They are sand sifters so they live off the stuff they find in the sand. I feed arctic pods for some of the other fish and I spot him eating that too.

My Randall's eats anything and everything that makes its way down. After I took his pistol shrimp away he must of been depressed and didn't come out for a few weeks and now that he's back out looks as plump as he always did. So I wouldn't be concerned with going away for a few days.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies.

Skuba--curious--why'd you take away the pistol? Havoc on the tank?

Yea. I took him from a local guy breaking down. He was awesome to watch with the goby too. I have him a few weeks to see if he'd calm his digging. But everyday he just kept going. I had enough sand stirred up to damage my

Mp10 wetside, cause my glassholes overflow to clog, luckily I was home n

Caught it in time, and bury every frag on my sandbed. Not to mention cause some algae blooms and affect my coral by constantly stirring up the tank. So he had to go and all is rite in the world again lol

Archived