Top Shelf Aquatics

Dymax iq5 reef!

Jaysharky

Hello, Iam completely new to reef keeping but have read so much information, I got a 13l dymax Iq5 and have had it running for 1 month with live rock and live sand, currently I have 1 cinnamon clownfish and 1 yellow tailed damsel. I would really like to get corals, I have a lot of rock in my tank have plenty of places to put them. Water parameters are all correct. Temp is 26.8°c. Specific gravity is 1.024. I take water directly from the sea and filter it myself. My two fish are seem very happy. What corals are best for my tank?

Thanks Jay

If it is the stock lighting, I would only try zoas/mushrooms/softies. I can't find much exact info on the light but it claims to be able to support plants and low light corals.

I would also be concerned with a cinnamon clown in a 3 gallon tank. I don't see any way for that to work long term. They grow fairly large.

Ok great, I'll try them. I'am going to buy another led fixture so I can keep more corals. Plus Iam going to get another tank, 75gallon so will transfer the clown when he gets too big.

Thanks for the help.

Much appreciated.

Jay

Archived