Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sanbed's Custom Nano

SandBed

reefernanoman

So two reasons I have not been on here is awhile.

1. I am pretty busy with school and so there are times where I just have not had the time.

2. Shortly after getting back from vacation I made the fatal mistake of regenerating my perigean with bleach, and subsequently not rinsing it well enough. Sadly all my livestock died from the error, however I was able to act quickly and save all of my corals. Needless to say I felt like quite the rookie. On the positive I was not happy with my sixtine wrasse or my peppermint shrimp, and it has allowed me to re-approach stocking my tank.

So the update on what I have:

- 1 Black and white clownfish (face is a little orange)

- Pink bar golby

- Randal pistol shrimp (I got him prior to the golby, but I have not seen him in awhile, if I don't see him in another couple of weeks I will get another one)

- 2 Sexy shrimp, I also purchased a rose bubble tip anemone, which one of the shrimp has hosted in.

- 2 bumble bee shrimp, they harass my nassarius snails occasionally and it is amusing to watch

- 2 harlequin shrimp, currently happily eating a leg from a chocolate starfish which now lives in my sump (minus one leg)

I have also added some additional SPS, zoas, and rics. I feel that I am now at a place to sit back and watch things grow out for awhile.

I did just change my A160's down to 70% intensity, I did have them at 100 during the day, but what to see how the corals react. I plan to tweet this ever couple weeks or so to try to find the soft spot.

I am also going through what seems another algae bloom, I have a few ideas of why this might be, but my next goal is to do some work on my sump and ride out this bloom.

Any comments or suggestions are great, I will through up a picture next time I clean the glass.

Sorry to hear about the bleach incident! That's why I would just throw away Purigen and get a new one! Now I'm using Chemipure Blue and no Purigen is needed!

Those are torches! My favourite coral is probably my gold torch. There is also a small gold torch in the centre back on the edge of a rock that is hard to see. It broke off during one of my coral moving days but it seems to be doing well on its own.

So I picked up a second black clownfish today. I took some time to make sure I got a smaller clown that was being kept with other larger ones. I dropped him in the tank after acclimating and dripping him and my current clown with is a bit larger started showing some signs of aggression, but within 3 minutes they were happy as ever and look like they are paired up.

16564692191_eddc51d635.jpg

15946164013_6293cafdb1.jpg

I currently have some wire mesh sitting on the top of the tank as a lid. Works really well, I just need to figure out edging for it so that it lays flat.

All my shrimp are also seem happy, and I added an anemone shrimp today. It is pretty sick and has hosted in my second anemone that I picked up on the weekend, pictures to come of that too.

I am also wiring on finishing my sump off and ordered a couple things today, once they are in and set up I will also post and update on that. I think the plans will really help to strengthen my system.

Comments on my setup are always welcome :)

Looking good! Beautiful tank and equipment! Following.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived